CJohn

The Dark Tower | August 4, 2017 | McConaughey, Elba | Reviews coming in, it's a bomb etc. etc. - we know this drill by now

First time director...great actors...beloved source material..studio system...no guarantee it will be any good. 

If this turns out bad then everyone will say they should have hired a seasoned director.

Hopefully it is at least on the level of Constantine.

Edited by marveldcfox

15 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

First time director...great actors...beloved source material..studio system...no guarantee it will be any good. 

If this turns out bad then everyone will say they should have hired a seasoned director.

Hopefully it is at least on the level of Constantine.

This isn't a first-time director, though.

5 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

I meant first time directing a big Hollywood studio movie.

It is a fair point. The director is from Denmark and they are used to smaller productions with less interference. Another great director from Denmark, Susanne Bier, did not manage to achieve good results in Hollywood with "Things We Lost in the Fire" and "Serena".

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Maitch said:

It is a fair point. The director is from Denmark and they are used to smaller productions with less interference. Another great director from Denmark, Susanne Bier, did not manage to achieve good results in Hollywood with "Things We Lost in the Fire" and "Serena".

Also that director who directed prequel to The Thing. 

That's why I am a bit worried for Tomb Raider. I loved the director's movie The Wave, so hoping he survives on his first hollywood movie.

Edited by marveldcfox
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

The Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey starring film finished principal photography in July 2016, but sources say the move is needed to complete visual effects and develop a better promotional campaign; the latter is evident in that we're three months out from the original release date and there are zero trailers and not a single official poster released for the film (just a handful of stills from the film have been released); it essentially hasn't been promoted at all.

Yeah, I'm glad it's getting delayed for those reasons, I don't want it to bomb.

• Like 1

I guess they will release it sometime in June?

In May Barbie and Life

In June Rock that body

In July they have Spiderman and Jumanji

In August Emoji and Flatliners

July movies won't be moving. May movies most likely will stick to their dates.

There might be changes in June or August sony schedule.

31 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Sony still has the Barbie movie set for May 12. Is that even being made? They should put this there.

No way. I think they'll either move it to May or August.  Im not sure why they have 'Life' set for Memorial Day weekend, that looks like it would better as a fall release.