CJohn

The Dark Tower | August 4, 2017 | McConaughey, Elba | Reviews coming in, it's a bomb etc. etc. - we know this drill by now

I'm gonna be real disappointed if it doesn't feel like a Dark Tower adaptation. I prefer it feeling like a lousy film rather than it not feeling like a Dark Tower film at all.

Still got like 25 days before I can see it though. At least Valerian is coming in like 10 days.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I haven't thought of Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation in FOREVER. Talk about the epitome of "before they were famous, they had to appear in some trash to get there" dreck.

Could be a chance it's better reviewed than TDT. :redcapes:

3 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

His performance in that film is also kinda amazing. 

When I was younger I used to think this was seriously some big movie because I knew him and Renee Zellweger were big names and the first TCM was huge to me so it made sense to a 7-8 year old me that they would do it.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

When I was younger I used to think this was seriously some big movie because I knew him and Renee Zellweger were big names and the first TCM was huge to me so it made sense to a 7-8 year old me that they would do it.   

I think McConaughey's actually come around more & more to the film over the years. I remember him being so embarrassed about his role in that film, understandably, but it doesn't show in his performance. He was clearly having the time of his life on the set of that film.

8 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

His death scene is great. A random plane flies down, hits him, then takes off again. 

I love it when he gets his remote / robot leg in the film. "GET HER LEATHER! WE'VE GOT SOME MORE FUN DAYS!"

• Like 1