kayumanggi

CAPTAIN MARVEL | 701.4 M overseas ● 1128.3 M worldwide

12 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Great, this is blowing past a billion. How far can it get. Let's see some good holds!

I think the OS goal number is $700m. Based on the opening weekend, it SHOULD be able to hit that. It would only require a 2.3x multiplier, which shouldn't be that hard (it's not like the movie is getting terrible ratings.) My personal goal would be a about $750m (2.5x).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VenomXXR said:

I think the OS goal number is $700m. Based on the opening weekend, it SHOULD be able to hit that. It would only require a 2.3x multiplier, which shouldn't be that hard (it's not like the movie is getting terrible ratings.) My personal goal would be a about $750m (2.5x).

Did you take into account the free fall in China?

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

4 hours ago, Rthmar-vell said:

CM

-India 9th biggest Western OWe, Highest !st SA MCU, Highest Western March Owe, +99% BP

Its only behind Infinity War, The Jungle Book and FF7 in FSS.

First 3 days (as we consider in India, its only behind the first 2).

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UserHN said:

Did you take into account the free fall in China?

IWD got in my POV forgotten to calculate into. I tried to hint at that repeatedly in China during the high estimates time, didn't stop those.

12 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Yes, although what does "free fall" mean exactly? $140m instead of $160m? That's fine lol. 

Agree

I am not at home, so my charts are not at hand, but if I remember it right the MCUs in China were in recent years more around $100m+ up to around $115m, beside Ant-Man & Wasp, that had something around $125m.

D1TvCLxWoAYldpW?format=jpg

There's a big gap on WW OW between the billion grossers and the 3 ones on the 800-900m range (then come the ones on the 600-800m range and the ones on the <600m range, with GOTG being the only exception to the rule)

I think 1.1b is pretty safe unless it collapses, just hoping it can leg it out to over CW.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, expensiveho said:

D1TvCLxWoAYldpW?format=jpg

There's a big gap on WW OW between the billion grossers and the 3 ones on the 800-900m range (then come the ones on the 600-800m range and the ones on the <600m range, with GOTG being the only exception to the rule)

I think 1.1b is pretty safe unless it collapses, just hoping it can leg it out to over CW.

Is the word "collapse" commonly used for BvS drop worldwide? If yes, then even if CM "collapses" a la BvS, then it should make at least $940M worldwide.

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Its only behind Infinity War, The Jungle Book and FF7 in FSS.

First 3 days (as we consider in India, its only behind the first 2).

Off the cuff your talking $us right, the statement on India records would be Local Currency and from UTV/Disney in India.

12 minutes ago, Rthmar-vell said:

Off the cuff your talking $us right, the statement on India records would be Local Currency and from UTV/Disney in India.

Naa, local currency.

A:IW: ₹1219mn

TJB: ₹550mn

FF7: ₹511mn FSS (₹676mn 4 days)

CM: ₹485mn

A: AoU: ₹480mn

M: I-Fallout: ₹478mn

FF8: ₹469mn FFS (₹690mn 4 days + Previews) in

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Naa, local currency.

A:IW: ₹1219mn

TJB: ₹550mn

FF7: ₹511mn FSS (₹676mn 4 days)

CM: ₹485mn

A: AoU: ₹480mn

M: I-Fallout: ₹478mn

FF8: ₹469mn FFS (₹690mn 4 days + Previews) in

Yeah I went did a check, have some diff numbers to you (like FF8 488, AOU 500), however the ranking 9 in LC at this stage doesn't make sense given the weekend est.

1 hour ago, Rthmar-vell said:

Yeah I went did a check, have some diff numbers to you (like FF8 488, AOU 500), however the ranking 9 in LC at this stage doesn't make sense given the weekend est.

Disney usually report their film very well, matching thr local trade numbers, AOU for some weird reason was bloated.

Universal is fraud :sparta:

15 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Disney usually report their film very well, matching thr local trade numbers, AOU for some weird reason was bloated.

Universal is fraud :sparta:

Do you have some Monday numbers for CM in China? Seems like no one is updating the thread yet. Maybe because of the disappointment of the OW there.

9 hours ago, a2k said:

Hunger Games did not have great legs. Did 2.67x, good for YA.

9 hours ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

YA adaptation are far more frontloaded than solo origins superhero movies 

It just dropped over 50% on its second weekend, something I think normal considering it was the 3rd biggest opening ever by that time. The rest of the run was pretty remarkable, IMO.

Just now, Charlie Jatinder said:

Captain Marvel India Box Office

Date Gross (in ₹ crores) Gross in $ % +/- YD / LW* Gross-to-Date
Mar. 8, 2019 ₹15.55 $2,219,843     $2,219,843
Mar. 9, 2019 ₹16.85 $2,407,487 8.45%   $4,627,330
Mar. 10, 2019 ₹16.21 $2,316,045 -3.80%   $6,943,375

11 hours ago, john2000 said:

we will know next week but it needs only 2.6 to hit 400 dom who knows   we will see 

You are right (and some other poster who quoted me). I gave a low DOM prediction (375). I change it to 410-420.

Edited by peludo
  • Thanks 1