kayumanggi

CAPTAIN MARVEL | 701.4 M overseas ● 1128.3 M worldwide

2 hours ago, KP1025 said:

Hopefully, it can get a better multiplier than that. There doesn't seem be that much competition this month in China. 

Yeah, I used Ant-Man and The Wasp numbers from Monday as both films Sunday is same. Ant-Man had M:I-Fallout in 2nd weekend but had very good weekdays trend, so that cancel out. 

7 minutes ago, VENOM said:

It could fall off a cliff in China and your Dom is a bit optimistic without seeing the second weekend

Okay. Let's do this. This is the worst case scenario for Dom and China:

Dom: $300M (1.96x, slightly worse than BvS 1.99x)

China: $134M (1.5x, worse than BP's 1.6x hold)

OS-C: Let's take the lowest end of Charlie's number, $575M

Total: $1.009B

Edited by UserHN
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, UserHN said:

1.96?? No way 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UserHN said:

His lowest OS-C is also too high

6 minutes ago, XO21 said:

Even if it makes $900-950m it doesn't change a flying thing so the trolls can keep the fake concern out. xo.

It's gonna smash through those numbers in 7-10 days. Billie is locked, loaded sealed and delivered. the only question is how much over. 1.1B seems pretty certain too.

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

It's gonna smash through those numbers in 7-10 days. Billie is locked, loaded sealed and delivered. the only question is how much over. 1.1B seems pretty certain too.

I am not so sure of that. We could see this:

DOM: $375m (x2.45)

China: $140m (x1.6)

Rest of the world: $550m (x2.5+$15m in Japan)

WW: $1.065b

Remember that late legs should not be very good because of Shazam and Endgame

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, peludo said:

in my opinion  we looking at a range of 1-1.2 bill i wont try to guess at this point i need to see more

Edited by john2000
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, peludo said:

Endgame may boost it tho :Venom:

1 hour ago, salvador-232 said:

You could always move to French Guyana, then you would be next door. 

Finding jobs there is already hard but well paid jobs are even more rare ^^"

Besides crime is high compared to the mainland.

It's beautiful though, but without money it'd be hard to enjoy it.

At this point 900m at the very least seems certain. 

BvS had short legs pretty much everywhere. It had a multi of 2.066 from its worldwide OW. With the same multi Captain Marvel will get to 940m. Add Japan into this which is yet to open and you get 950+

So I feel very confident in 950m and even 1b. Beyond that remains to be seen. With an opening this big legs are certain to be somewhat short

• Haha 1

More details

Sunday, March 10, 2019 (Morning Update)

Disney’s Captain Marvel lived up to its massive expectations with a massive estimated debut of $153.0 million this weekend. That represented the third largest March opening ever (behind only 2017’s Beauty and the Beast and 2016’s Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice) and the seventh largest opening ever for a film within the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU).  Captain Marvelregistered the 18th largest opening of all-time and if the film has a stronger than expected Sunday hold, Captain Marvel could still potentially pass the $155.08 million start of 2016’s Rogue One: A Star Wars Story for 17th place.  Captain Marvel was also especially impressive for a non-sequel. Pre-release anticipation for the Brie Larson led Captain Marvel was boosted by the film serving as the first female-led film within the Marvel Cinematic Universe and by the film’s release between Avengers: Infinity Warand the upcoming Avengers: Endgame.  Captain Marvel opened a healthy 4.4 percent ahead of the $146.51 million launch of 2017’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.

Captain Marvel started out with an estimated $61.38 million on Friday (which included an estimated $20.7 million from Thursday night shows that began at 6PM), declined just 13.6 percent on Saturday to take in $53.04 million (which is a very good first Saturday hold for a film of this size) and is estimated to decline 27.3 percent on Sunday to gross $38.58 million. The audience breakdown for Captain Marvel skewed 55 percent male, 45 percent female, 63 percent over the age of 25 and 37 percent under the age of 25. Family audiences made up an estimated 18 percent of the film’s overall audience. IMAX grosses made up an estimated $14.1 million (9.2 percent) of this weekend’s overall domestic gross, while 3D grosses accounted for 14 percent.

Critical reviews for Captain Marvel have been good, but not great (especially by more recent MCU standards). However, the film looks to be going over better with moviegoers, as Captain Marvelreceived a strong A rating on CinemaScore.  Captain Marvel will no doubt continue to dominate the box office in a big way next weekend, but competition will soon get much tougher with Universal’s Us entering the marketplace on March 22, fellow Disney release Dumbo opening on March 29 and Warner’s fellow superhero film Shazam! arriving on April 5 (all three films are expected to be strong box office performers).

Captain Marvel was extremely impressive internationally with an estimated launch of $302.0 million (from all international markets, except for Japan). That places the global launch for Captain Marvel at a massive $455.0 million, which represents the sixth largest global debut of all time.  Captain Marvel performed especially strong in Asia this weekend. International starts for the film by market included $89.3 million in China, $24.1 million in South Korea, $16.8 million in the United Kingdom, $13.4 million in Brazil, $12.8 million in Mexico, $10.7 million in Australia, $10.1 million in Indonesia, $9.8 million in Russia, $9.2 million in France, $7.8 million in Germany, $6.9 million in India, $6.6 million in Thailand, $6.4 million in Taiwan and $6.3 million in the Philippines.  Captain Marvel grossed an estimated $21.9 million from IMAX screens internationally (including $10.4 million from China) and $36.0 million from IMAX globally. Given this weekend’s start, it is extremely likely that Captain Marvel will eventually pass the $1 billion global mark.  Captain Marvel will debut in Japan this coming Friday (March 15).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I also feel like 1.1B is locked because of the double whamy insurance policy,  meaning, one way or another both Engame last trailer and Engame movie will push this movie over 1.1B bumping its BO mainly during the days after they are both released !

If Marvel is strategic, it should deliver that last trailer with CM doing her thing within the next two weeks.  Weekend 3 seems perfect to me.

Edited by Ent

2 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Shocking OW in Indonesia

It certainly is. That's like 80% of Black Panther's total. Although, knowing the numbers from the first 2 days, I expected it to get around $10M OW and it did. But before it opened, nobody in the right mind thought it would break the OD record and get the 2nd biggest OW ever, so close to IW's $11.4M. It's the only movie to cross $10M in its OW, beside IW of course. And with 2x multiplier, it can be the 2nd movie ever to cross $20M. And all that, with strong competition from a record-breaking local movie. I can only imagine what kind of numbers Endgame will make.

Edited by catlover
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1