Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

2 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

people are making too big of a fuss about that lol

they can tell the difference between Black Panther and Avatar

people are having fun with it. To me, underwater birth in both movies (I've no doubt Winslet in Avatar 2 will give birth like that) is most hilarious similarity because it's a plot point. Baby Namor and baby whoever.

• Like 1

Well the emotions on set are real for everyone involved. So there's that. Looks like they honored Chadwick well.

As for the blue people, I asked this in the SDCC thread: is there time and is there a way Coogler might change their color so as not to "blend" with Avatar? That will be the biggest criticism during marketing for sure. Everything else looks spectacular!

My worry with this trailer is it doesn't really do a good job selling the movie if you don't know the premise already. Like knowing that the movie is about Atlantis vs Wakanda already, it looks really cool, a lot of neat looking shots. But for someone seeing the trailer cold, it's kinda just a succession of nice-looking shots. 

They can fix that with trailer 2 I guess, but I think the first trailer should have been a lot more clear about things. 

That said my hype levels for this were already high, have leapt even higher. The trailer definitely worked emotionally for me. 

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

My worry with this trailer is it doesn't really do a good job selling the movie if you don't know the premise already. Like knowing that the movie is about Atlantis vs Wakanda already, it looks really cool, a lot of neat looking shots. But for someone seeing the trailer cold, it's kinda just a succession of nice-looking shots. 

They can fix that with trailer 2 I guess, but I think the first trailer should have been a lot more clear about things. 

That said my hype levels for this were already high, have leapt even higher. The trailer definitely worked emotionally for me. 

I hear what you are saying. Knowing some "things" helps me to enjoy the trailer immensely. But if BP wasn't my favorite MCU or overall movie in at least the past 10 years, I would probably not be so moved.

And I think that Leticia Wright's controversy may fade. Her emotions in the movie seemed real and raw. And Angela Basset-wow!

Edited by jedijake
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, jedijake said:

I hear what you are saying. Knowing some "things" helps me to enjoy the trailer immensely. But if I knew nothing or what just meh or even liked BP a medium amount, I might think "oh this looks pretty cool" and move past it. BP is not just my favorite MCU movie but quite possibly my favorite movie in the past 10 or maybe even 15 years. (I like it better than all the recent SW films). But if I didn't, then I might not be so amped.

To be fair, it's easier to get away with trailers like this when you're a sequel to beloved 700m A+ hit. All you really need to do is remind people of how it felt to watch the first. But would have preferred them to be a bit clearer with the hook.

Still, the reception to the trailer seems really positive, so I might just be worried over nothing. 

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Like 2

Just now, Orestes said:

Its not like Avatar didn't have 10+ years to beat WF to the punch. Not gonna fault this movie for Avatar's decade worth of delays.

James Cameron wanted to push the boundaries of motion capture technology. That’s why it took so long for the Avatar sequels to get made. 

1 hour ago, Menor Reborn said:

It's a teaser, there is almost no lines.

Edited by Fox20

Just now, upriser7 said:

I didn't follow the timeline of this movie well...did even the initial script of this movie had T'Challa dying or did they have to make changes to the script once they were aware of Chadwick's cancer being in late stage ?

Ryan Coogler made it clear that he was completely unaware of Chadwick Boseman’s illness. The movie was very much supposed to have T’Challa as the main character. 

• Like 5