Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

5 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Can we all agree that Nakia should be the new BP and not the overbearing and annoying Shuri?

Yes I would have preferred that but if we think logically about it as an in-universe scenario, Shuri would be the first choice. 

Edited by StormbreakerXXR

53 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Can we all agree that Nakia should be the new BP and not the overbearing and annoying Shuri?

Nakia was always my choice. But they had already re-written it once due to Chadwick's death. Seems that they wanted to rush this out. It was never even delayed more than 6 months despite all that was going on (Chadwick's passing, pandemic, Leticia drama). SIX MONTH delay after all of that!

4 hours ago, jedijake said:

our beloved Chadwick

he really reached that level? wow

know very little about him outside of BP though

I tend to not give a rat's ass about what the actors do and don't do. Unless they are outright criminals, I don't care about their opinions whatsoever. i watch TV and movies for the characters. I liked Shuri. I just see her as the scientist. However, if they are going to make it a family drama, then it makes sense to make Shuri the next BP or at least temporarily the BP for this movie.

What I wonder is whether they will turn the tragedy of Chadwick's passing into an emotional hook to draw in audiences. Well, I guess that isn't a question. His passing WILL be just that sadly, whether deliberately or not.

• Like 2

I thought the first movie was just ok and I found shuri to be the most annoying character in the mcu, if they make her BP that would kill any excitement for me about this movie or any future movie in this particular section of the mcu. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

he really reached that level? wow

know very little about him outside of BP though

You should watch some of his other performances.  He was very, very good in almost everything.  Had he lived, he likely would have continued to progress in his art and impress audiences further throughout his career.  

1 hour ago, Menor Reborn said:

I too would have preferred Nakia or M'Baku, but I don't have any particular issue with Shuri's character or if she becomes the next BP. 

Well...we really have no idea what this movie will even be about, yet...let alone how it will end!  So I'd be patient!  

...And stop reading Leaker #616's Tweets.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Well...we really have no idea what this movie will even be about, yet...let alone how it will end!  So I'd be patient!  

...And stop reading Leaker #616's Tweets.  

I mean, whoever they make the next Black Panther, as long as it's justified well I won't have any issue. I'm pretty open-minded on this question.

I will also go against the chorus in the thread and say that I think Chadwick was fantastic in Black Panther. This scene in particular really solidified him as one of my favorite lead actors in the MCU.

7 minutes ago, jedijake said:

I wonder if they have much unused footage of Chadwick from the first movie? I mean-not enough for action scenes but for the ancestral plane?

I'd prefer they didn't.

Only because that failed spectacularly in the Star Wars movie.

On 7/15/2022 at 12:12 AM, Menor Reborn said:

The production has definitely been in a time crunch, but I still think that's a meaningfully different issue than MoM where they had trouble with Wanda's arc not testing well/fitting things in with WandaVision and had to do major reshoots. Again I'm not saying that the movie is going to be great for sure, I just think it matters what specific type of "production trouble" the movie has. 

MoM's reshoots had nothing to do with Wanda. Olsen wasn't even around for the six-week shoot. 

Boseman was perfectly cast but BP handled T'challa/BP with such kid gloves he came off boring. He was interesting in CW cause he was "fuck law, fuck #believebucky, I want revenge" that contrasted with Stark's law upholding and Rogers' putting his friendship first. He also had the best resolution of his internal stuggle when he gave up revenge. But in BP, he was too perfect. Nothing was ever his fault. Blame Killmonger. Blame Kaluuya. Just don't blame the King for being fooled. Etc. he was mostly reacting while everyone around him was pro-active and had better lines. It tends to happen when your character is static while others are dynamic. Mind you, static characters are needed to show how dynamic ones developed but when the lead is such character he comes off dull in comparison. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Boseman was perfectly cast but BP handled T'challa/BP with such kid gloves he came off boring. He was interesting in CW cause he was "fuck law, fuck #believebucky, I want revenge" that contrasted with Stark's law upholding and Rogers' putting his friendship first. He also had the best resolution of his internal stuggle when he gave up revenge. But in BP, he was too perfect. Nothing was ever his fault. Blame Killmonger. Blame Kaluuya. Just don't blame the King for being fooled. Etc. he was mostly reacting while everyone around him was pro-active and had better lines. It tends to happen when your character is static while others are dynamic. Mind you, static characters are needed to show how dynamic ones developed but when the lead is such character he comes off dull in comparison. 

Totally agree you nail  on the head . This is one of my issues with the movie , Tchalla was a fucking standout in CW. 

Feel black panther takes away some of his urgency . CW Tchalla going up against killmonger  would have been way more awesome.

Russo's are way more superb at shooting action than coogler.

He is IMO no doubt one the best character introductions in the MCU. 

3 hours ago, Valonqar said:

His flaw in BP was believing in an idealized version of his father and his kingdom, his growth was realizing that things needed to change and putting that change into action. It would have made no sense for him to remain as he was in CW, considering that he gave up revenge as you said.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, jedijake said:

I wonder if they have much unused footage of Chadwick from the first movie? I mean-not enough for action scenes but for the ancestral plane?

For the astral plane they can just use Killmonger and then have Tchalla "appear" as a panther

Edited by SpiderByte