Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

Wow the teaser poster got 1 million likes on twitter and the trailer on twitter should be hitting 1 million likes also. That's the most I've ever seen an MCU teaser poster/trailer get. The closest thing I can remember was Dr. Stranger's MOM teaser poster getting 300k+ likes. 

Edited by cookieleeann

If this has MOM/L&T level reception, we're still looking at $200/450M+....

But if this thing recaptures what made the first one a cultural phenomenon then the sky is the limit. Biggest non-Avengers OW would be in the cards and while the legs would likely be sub-3, it could still outgross the first domestically. 

FWIW, I'm not on that boat at the moment. I'm still going with 215-225/550-600.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, cookieleeann said:

Wow the teaser poster got 1 million likes on twitter and the trailer on twitter should be hitting 1 million likes also. That's the most I've ever seen an MCU teaser poster/trailer get. The closest thing I can remember was Dr. Stranger's MOM teaser poster getting 300k+ likes. 

The first NWH poster got over 1M likes also, and the teaser hit 1.1M likes. That being said, BPWF is right there with it which is a great sign. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Ecks Ecks Are said:

If this has MOM/L&T level reception, we're still looking at $200/450M+....

But if this thing recaptures what made the first one a cultural phenomenon then the sky is the limit. Biggest non-Avengers OW would be in the cards and while the legs would likely be sub-3, it could still outgross the first domestically. 

FWIW, I'm not on that boat at the moment. I'm still going with 215-225/550-600.

If it captures the craze of the first 

then 250m OW would be on the cards .

As for topping the first ,iam not sold even with 250m OW.

It's still a sequel and will be way more frontloaded , OW would be way boosted my major fan rush.

My most optimistic prediction I'm going  250/675m.

Pessimistic 190/450m if things go terribly wrong.

Realistically I'm 205-210/525-550m

7 minutes ago, Ecks Ecks Are said:

The first NWH poster got over 1M likes also, and the teaser hit 1.1M likes. That being said, BPWF is right there with it which is a great sign. 

Will be great if this closes out a problematic phase 4 with a bang.

Have better hopes for phase 5 , 2023-2024 is going to be very important for the mcu , lots of new characters and storylines ,they can't risk having quality issues otherwise the build up to 6 will be shaky.

Phase 4 as a whole even putting aside it's issues really felt inconsequential and rather forgettable in large chunks, so any negative will gained in this phase  will be quickly forgotten if phase 5 kicks ass.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Will be great if this closes out a problematic phase 4 with a bang.

Have better hopes for phase 5 , 2023-2024 is going to be very important for the mcu , lots of new characters and storylines ,they can't risk having quality issues otherwise the build up to 6 will be shaky.

Phase 4 as a whole even putting aside it's issues really felt inconsequential and rather forgettable in large chunks, so any negative will gained in this phase  will be quickly forgotten if phase 5 kicks ass.

My only real problems with Phase 4 were MOM/L&T not being nearly as good as I felt they should have been. Other than that, I was happy with the phase. Was it Phase 3? Nah, not close but no one should have been expecting that. 

I chalk up a lot of the perceived issues in Phase 4 to dealing with the pandemic and making things work in a way that no one ever had to before. I think they had to let things be more independently done then they would have wanted to and in a massively cohesive universe, that does hurt it a bit. 

11 hours ago, jedijake said:

Well the emotions on set are real for everyone involved. So there's that. Looks like they honored Chadwick well.

As for the blue people, I asked this in the SDCC thread: is there time and is there a way Coogler might change their color so as not to "blend" with Avatar? That will be the biggest criticism during marketing for sure. Everything else looks spectacular!

Purely judging from first teaser standpoint, BP2 teaser work better than avatar 2. So they may not need to rework this just to avoid similarities. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Ecks Ecks Are said:

Main Channel Trailer Numbers After 12 Hours

Twitter = 21.5M views, 930K likes 

YouTube = 9M views, 636K likes 
Facebook = 9M views, 512K likes 

Instagram (Marvel/Marvel Studios) = 12.2M views, 3.16M likes 

Until they just release that track from the trailer as a single, I'm gonna be adding to these numbers on a daily basis.

2 hours ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

If it captures the craze of the first 

then 250m OW would be on the cards .

As for topping the first ,iam not sold even with 250m OW.

It's still a sequel and will be way more frontloaded , OW would be way boosted my major fan rush.

My most optimistic prediction I'm going  250/675m.

Pessimistic 190/450m if things go terribly wrong.

Realistically I'm 205-210/525-550m

I just wonder about whether anOW of $200 million is possible for early November. It would be a precedent. The only $200 million OW's have been holiday weekends (President's day for BP1 included) or May/Summer.

I saw an interview with the cast (interviewer was HORRIBLE and didn't even talk to Dominique). Duke said something good though-he said that people shouldn't go in looking for BP1. They need to watch this movie as if it is its own thing.

Very early prediction:

$170-$180 million OW

$450-$475 million domestic

Edited by jedijake

2 minutes ago, jedijake said:

I just wonder about whether anOW of $200 million is possible for early November.

It is. Why wouldn't it be? IW and EG did 250/350M with a non-holiday April opening. Dates are irrelevant. All that matters is what's put on them. 

• Like 9