Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

Every Disney film I've seen this year has stunk.

Phase 4 is pretty bad outside of Spider-Man 3. Okay Shang Chi was good and Black Widow wasn't terrible. 

But the other 3 films....ooh boy.

Pretty much have given up on there shows while watching Moon Knight (couldn't even finish it), no plans on watching anything after that except Loki.

I have no expectations at this point for this film.

And Captain Marvel 2 will be the first MCU film I'm not watching. 

Boy how the mighty has fallen.

1 hour ago, Impact said:

Phase 4 is pretty bad outside of Spider-Man 3. Okay Shang Chi was good and Black Widow wasn't terrible. 

Pretty much have given up on there shows while watching Moon Knight (couldn't even finish it), no plans on watching anything after that except Loki.

Goes to show you how opinions differ. Black Widow was absolutely terrible to me. Bottom 5 MCU. MOM was pretty damn good IMO and I enjoyed it more than NWH.

3 hours ago, Impact said:

Loki show finale will be Avengers Kang Dynasty & Captain Marvel most likely be the main lead or one of the main lead of that movie. Just saying 😁

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Maggie said:

‘Black Panther: Wakanda Forever’ Tracking for Huge $175M-Plus Debut

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/black-panther-wakanda-forever-box-office-tracking-1235245172/

"That number could easily grow as the final media push is made".

Hope Ryan delivers and we can see the first +200m opening of 2022.

• Like 1

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/black-panther-wakanda-forever-box-office-opening-weekend-1235409682/

"Many rival studio executives believe that figure could grow after reviews hit and word-of-mouth builds [..] Advance ticket sales are already strong and the initial word among the select few who have seen rough cuts of the movie is that the sequel delivers the goods".

• Like 3

I don't think it will be different.  We have already seen a black panther movie from the exact same writing/directing team.  That doesn't mean that the movie can't be great. I have heard from some people in the industry that the movie is great.  I won't give an mcu ranking that they did cause I don't want to overhype things or create false expectations. But they said in the ringer podcast that people in the industry believe that the movie deliver. 

That said I don't think it will be something we haven't seen.  It's still Coogler/ludwig/ Joe Robert cole

Edited by Jeight

That's okay. Eternals was "different" so there's that.

NWH had the nostalgia thing going.

DSMoM had the "horror" thing (hardly that).

ThL+T had the "humor" as overdone as it was.

We don't need completely different. Unfortunate circumstances already make it different.

I can’t imagine this being as divisive as the MoM and L&T. The first movie managed to be one of the biggest crowd pleasers in the MCU, despite not technically being an “event” film. Ryan Coogler seems to know and care about what he’s doing, unlike Taika Waititi, who apparently just wanted to goof off. 

• Like 2