Ezen Baklattan

The State of Survivor

Hey guys.

@Sheikh @Keanu @chasmmi @Claire of Themyscira @WrathOfHan @YourMother the Edgelord @DAJK @Dr Loomis baumer @captainwondyful

@Empire

Sorry about the lack of updates as of late. This pretty much relates to that, but I do want to give some personal background.

When I ran Season 1 of this game, I was only working part time after I graduated college in April 2017. I had much more free time and a more relaxed life overall. Around the time season 1 ended, I began working 40 hours a week.

Moreover, I’ve been trying to get back into CAYOM, which I know that some of you can attest to. I’ve really been trying to focus my energy there, but I thought that I may be able to start this up again.

Honestly, it’s been way harder to write this season. I feel like I’m more burnt out than usuals, and I’m trying to one up the first season at the same time, and it’s kinda starting to take a toll on me. I don’t want to half ass writing episodes and stories, and I’m worried that it’s whats been happening lately, provided I can even muster up said energy. I thought skipping a few weeks would help, but even then I’m not feeling the results I need.

With all that being said, I’ve come to the decision to put this season on an indefinite hiatus.

I’m extremely sorry about this change, but I owe it to you to make sure I (or someone else, honestly) has the time and energy to invest into this. Real life commitments and side writing are starting to shape a big part of my days, and I’m not sure I can put in the time this project deserves.

As hinted at, I’d be glad to pass the baton to someone else if they would like to host, but I don’t want to pressure anyone.

Again, I’m deeply sorry about all of this, and I thank you all for the support you’ve given me and the game so far.

Keep on surviving.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Hey brother...no need to apologize.  I understand how hard it is to run a game when life starts steam-rolling you.  I am in awe of Chas, who runs games, does lists and still finds time to have a life.  

This is a great game but life obviously comes first.  Thanks for letting me play this year and everything is all good bud.  No worries!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I totally understand @Suspirighetti, even playing this game took a decent amount of commitment of my time for my first few weeks of uni, so I totally get how much time and effort it must be to create such an elaborate (awesome) and intricate game. Thank you for all the work you did for this season, we all appreciate it so so much. Part of the reason I've been returning to these forums all these years are people like you who have put in so much time and effort to make stuff like this so much fun.

So yes, take this time to catch up on everything going on in your life. It's been really fun.

So @Keanu @chasmmi@Claire of Themyscira @WrathOfHan@Sheikh@YourMother the Edgelord@captainwondyful@Dr Loomis baumer@Empire I guess we are all winners this year :D It's been a blast playing with you all!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

All jokes aside, Spaghetti, you and I have forged a beautiful and significant bond outside of this forum.

I absolutely admire you and the heart and tenacity you possess. Through many conversations and heart to hearts, you have broken down my walls and gotten the see the person I hide behind this facade I have taken for protection. When no one else believed, you did. When no one else listened, you did. When no one else tried, you did.

You have been one of the most caring and loyal forces in my life, and I would love to return the love you shared. I will support you through thick and thin, go out and conquer the world, love!

One step at a time though.

p2ofkBF.gif

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

78FY.gif

This is what you get for conspiring against me!!!!!

But all joking aside, I had loads of fun playing the game. Thanks @Spagspiria again for the immense effort you put in. I thought for a fleeting second about running the game but then thought how daunting it must be to come up with a story, arc and then all the dialogue and dropped the idea for now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 2:27 AM, DAJK said:

I totally understand @Suspirighetti, even playing this game took a decent amount of commitment of my time for my first few weeks of uni, so I totally get how much time and effort it must be to create such an elaborate (awesome) and intricate game. Thank you for all the work you did for this season, we all appreciate it so so much. Part of the reason I've been returning to these forums all these years are people like you who have put in so much time and effort to make stuff like this so much fun.

So yes, take this time to catch up on everything going on in your life. It's been really fun.

So @Keanu @chasmmi@Claire of Themyscira @WrathOfHan@Sheikh@YourMother the Edgelord@captainwondyful@Dr Loomis baumer@Empire I guess we are all winners this year :D It's been a blast playing with you all!

Ditto. So I guess me and my Boo: @Sheikh will be stranded on the island together indefinitely..... Cool! :huglove:  LOL! 20131217__eect1214luhsdcats1.jpg?w=513

Seriously though... :stop:  It was a lot of fun!! :wiggle:Thanx for all the hard work and creativity you put into running this. :cheekkiss: I really enjoyed getting to play with and know such  :worthy:  pawesome peeps during it's run.  :bravo:@Spagspiria

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1