WrathOfHan

Gladiator 2 | November 22, 2024 | DENZEL IS REUNITING WITH RIDLEY?!

Sigh. Some people on this  forum reacting just like I figured they  would to largely positive early reactions.Tom Thomas what a shock.  Yes they are early reactions and we know how that can go but what it sounds like they have more screenings scheduled this week so this is not a case of let the easy lays see it and then hide it from everyone else to week of release. At worst this will get a Twisters like critical reaction it seems and if it pleases the audiences it will do well. It's got to be pointed out again the first movie was not a critical darling. Only 80% on RT. A lot of the stuffy critics were not fond and it still won best picture and is now a modern classic.

• Like 1

By all indications this is at worst a solid 3  star entertainment but they really do invite some skepticism when they let some of the influencers  see the movie that are so over the top in their praise. It only encourages a backlash the movie most likely does not deserve. Oh well this is how it goes now.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MightyDargon said:

Honestly it doesn't sound that bad compared to SOME hyperbole. This sounds more like "Gladiator was a good and meaningful movie for me when I was young and this movie made me feel young again". Rather than something obviously bogus like GREATEST SUPERHERO MOVIE SINCE THE DARK KNIGHT

Yeah good point.  From every thing I see so far the movie will play like gangbusters with the GA even if some  probably say it's not as good as the first movie . It seems like Denzel and the action will satisfy most people enough even if the story is thin and superficial.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MightyDargon said:

Honestly it doesn't sound that bad compared to SOME hyperbole. This sounds more like "Gladiator was a good and meaningful movie for me when I was young and this movie made me feel young again". Rather than something obviously bogus like GREATEST SUPERHERO MOVIE SINCE THE DARK KNIGHT

I think Matt Ramos’ praise is pretty up there in terms of hyperbole. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, emoviefan said:

By all indications this is at worst a solid 3  star entertainment but they really do invite some skepticism when they let some of the influencers  see the movie that are so over the top in their praise. It only encourages a backlash the movie most likely does not deserve. Oh well this is how it goes now.

This happens only if the movie then is panned. Even if takes just good but not outstanding reviews i don't see anything new from positive early reviews every movie takes and no One gets mad if then It's a 7-7.5/10 movie and not a 9-10 movie

Edited by vale9001

Matt Ramos’ public climaxing over Henry Cavill’s return as Superman in Black Adam killed his credibility for me.

That being said, as someone who was initially skeptical about this, a lot of this word is encouraging. I hope it’s good because I haven’t gotten interested in seeing any new movie in theaters since Deadpool & Wolverine. I rightfully avoided Joker and I was never into the Venom movies.

Edited by Jay Beezy

23 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

Matt Ramos’ public climaxing over Henry Cavill’s return as Superman in Black Adam killed his credibility for me.

That being said, as someone who was initially skeptical about this, a lot of this word is encouraging. I hope it’s good because I haven’t gotten interested in seeing any new movie in theaters since Deadpool & Wolverine. I rightfully avoided Joker and I was never into the Venom movies.

With you on that. The only new movie I have seen since DP and W is Beetlejuice BeetleJuice.  This is the only big tentpole movie the rest of the year I am massively excited for. Probably will see a few of the others depending on friends and family interests like Moana 2 and Sonic 3 and will see a few of the smaller movies like Conclave maybe.

14 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

With you on that. The only new movie I have seen since DP and W is Beetlejuice BeetleJuice.  This is the only big tentpole movie the rest of the year I am massively excited for. Probably will see a few of the others depending on friends and family interests like Moana 2 and Sonic 3 and will see a few of the smaller movies like Conclave maybe.

The only other movie for the rest of the year that interests me besides Gladiator II is Babygirl because I want to see that kind of movie make a resurgence in the mainstream.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1