sfran43

Weekend Thread : Asgardian #'s on p.17 ~ 19.6M Saturday

13 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

....more or less. I mean, there's always been big movies opening on the weekend, but I didn't realize that it really was that much of a prime spot for studios. One could say that all of November's 1st four weekends are prime spots at this point, when we think about it (the 2nd one has, at least more often than not, the Veterans Day boost; and a ton of big tentpoles have been opening in the 3rd one for the last couple of years now).

More like a few decades.  Even before Goldeneye started a run of Bond movies  in that spot, there was Bram Stoker's Dracula, Home Alone, Rocky 5 & Space Jam and since then about half a dozen Potter & Co movies, The Grinch, Happy Feet and the Twilight movies

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Dire weekend multiplier for Suspiria 

Just now, Spagspiria said:

I doubt Amazon expands it much beyond this. I saw it last night, and while I dug it, it makes mother! look like an audience friendly crowd pleasing hit.

Yeah, this is pretty much as far as it's going.

Rounding out the top five are holdovers “A Star Is Born” and “Halloween.” Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga’s “A Star Is Born” pocketed another $11.1 million in its fifth outing, marking an impressive drop of just 21%. That brings its domestic tally to a huge $165 million. Universal and Blumhouse’s R-rated slasher “Halloween” earned $11 million for a North American total of $150 million.

• Astonished 1