YM!

Weekend Thread 11/16 - 11/18 - Grindelwald $25.7M Friday, Instant Family at $4.5M Friday

Just now, RealLyre said:

isn't it still disappointing for you since you were hoping for 10M previews

I was expecting 10m with Tuesday included. Because all the people that watched this Tuesday would havr done so in Thursday.

It's not clear If Tuesday is included yet although the way it is typd it seems like it is not.

2 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I was expecting 10m with Tuesday included. Because all the people that watched this Tuesday would havr done so in Thursday.

It's not clear If Tuesday is included yet although the way it is typd it seems like it is not.

Tuesday is probably not included in the preview, but I wonder if it is in that part: "with full opening wknd possibly hitting $70M, slightly below $74.4M of FB1 from 2 yrs ago this same week. "

Edited by MrGlass2

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

60M is quite a drop from the first movie's 74M and especially bad because they brought in Dumbledore to boost the boxoffice. Most people here expected FB2 to go up thanks to his return. It was later when trailer came out and buzz was barely detectable that they started to think it may go down from FB. And now fandom reaction sealed the deal. RT Audience Score is shit for a movie with built-in fandom made for fans. It isn't TLJ bad (yet) but it points at mixed WOM. 

Yea, but who does this appeal to?  The Potter loonies.  It's not like there's a lot of appeal here to the general public.  So when you appeal to one group and one group only, it's not surprising that the sequel drops.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

60M is quite a drop from the first movie's 74M and especially bad because they brought in Dumbledore to boost the boxoffice. Most people here expected FB2 to go up thanks to his return. It was later when trailer came out and buzz was barely detectable that they started to think it may go down from FB. And now fandom reaction sealed the deal. RT Audience Score is shit for a movie with built-in fandom made for fans. It isn't TLJ bad (yet) but it points at mixed WOM. 

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

If this opens sub-$60M (not impossible, considering the preview numbers and the fact this will likely be very frontloaded), then that would definitely be very bad.

Very bad.  lol.  Have you forgotten that the last film made 800 million WW?  I'm sure FB will be just fine when you tally up all the money it makes over seas.

• Like 1