Eric Loves Rey

The Very Boring Dec. 7-9 Weekend Thread l Ralph 16.1 l Grinch 15.1 l Creed 10.3 l Favourite 1.4 l Schindler's 551K l Scots 200K l Vox Lux 162K l Ben is Back 81K l Aquaman opens to 93.6M in China l Who's excited for Christmas?

in terms of actors in that age group the fact that timothee chalamet, ansel elgort and lucas hedges all have better careers than ashton sanders (who in Moonlight was better than the other three have ever been) is.... telling.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

in terms of actors in that age group the fact that timothee chalamet, ansel elgort and lucas hedges all have better careers than ashton sanders (who in Moonlight was better than the other three have ever been) is.... telling.

not many people have seen moonlight. it might explain his lack of success

• Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

has he done anything since moonlight?

• Like 1

Native Son will likely end up being his breakthrough.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

He appears to have three films in post-production, two as lead?

• Like 1

more people saw that then call me by your name and yet tim-meh-thee is booking way more roles.

TC was also the lead in the film and not one of 3 playing the same character - he also gave the better performance.

7 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

has he done anything since moonlight?

He was in Equalizer 2 but his big upcoming film is as Bigger Thomas in Native Son

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

TC was also the lead in the film and not one of 3 playing the same character - he also gave the better performance.

please don't lie to me. not on a sunday.

Edited by CoolioD1

36 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

it was a real surprise to me when i found out elgort, hedges and chalament all have super rich parents. how unexpected that was.

Remember reading a James McAvoy interview calling out the fact all the actors of his generation came from english posh schools, Redmayne was in the same school as one of the Lady Di's son.

The Mara s sisters come from the gutters too.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Remember reading a James McAvoy interview calling out the fact all the actors of his generation came from english posh schools, Redmayne was in the same school as one of the Lady Di's son.

The Mara s sisters come from the gutters too.

it's such a huge problem in the UK industry. at least in the US there's some vague idea of anyone from anywhere can make it big but if you don't come from money in the UK it's impossible. people like mcavoy, idris elba or gary oldman are such rare exceptions. benedict cumberbatch is literally a distant relative of Richard III.

• Like 2

How does BR reach 700 at this point? I know I said that about 600, but surely 650 must be the target right?

I'm all for it grossing as much as possible. Movie was freaking great, but 500+ OS seems crazy. Even with Mama Mia OS it gets to 658ish WW.