Eric Loves Rey

The Very Boring Dec. 7-9 Weekend Thread l Ralph 16.1 l Grinch 15.1 l Creed 10.3 l Favourite 1.4 l Schindler's 551K l Scots 200K l Vox Lux 162K l Ben is Back 81K l Aquaman opens to 93.6M in China l Who's excited for Christmas?

Mile 22 budget was $35 million. No way is IF more expensive

edit: BO says Mile 22 budget is 50M, but variety says 35. It's safe to say that IF is in no way budgeted at 48M

Edited by Alli

39 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Instant Family could’ve been a hit if they kept the budget reasonable. It’s had good legs but all just too little too late with that cost. 

Wahlberg likes getting paid - a lot

Considering the recent B.O. of his movies with Berg and budgets (Deepwater Horizon ($110-30m) & Patriot's Day ($45m)) if the $34m budget and not the $50m is right for Mile 22 they probably had to take an upfront pay cut for their latest collaboration.

Edited by TalismanRing

8 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Who was predicting Green Book's death? If anything most predictions I saw seem to think that it would break out big like Hidden Figures.

That was the hoped for scenario and then when it opened wide to underwhelming numbers it was declared a bust.  One of the Trades had it in article about movies critics like and audiences reject (even though it had previously won audience awards).

4 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Wait...am i seeing this right?...is Aquaman the #1 movie in the world while playing in only one market? :ohmygod:

Such is the state of the box office right now as it prepares for the insanity of the holidays.

This holiday season seems so underwhelming. The supposed oscar movies look so weak. and the blockbusters aren't hyping me up at all. aquaman , Poppins and bumblebee.....weak shit

Edited by Alli

Opening with 94mil in China while having good word of mouth is freaking great. 

As for Greenbook. It's mainstream Oscar bait like 3 Billboards was and that grossed 54mil. I think Greenbook is doing fine but I don't see it's gross as anything special as of yet. 

7 minutes ago, Alli said:

This holiday season seems so underwhelming. The supposed oscar movies look so weak. and the blockbusters aren't hyping me up at all. aquaman , Poppins and bumblebee.....weak shit

Yeah but there’s nothing you would actually want to see until The Kid Who Would Be King anyway.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1