TMP

Brightburn | Memorial Day 2019 | Sony | James Gunn Horror

11 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Lol,

dramatic much. 

I feel like JLD in the Chinese restaurant episode of Seinfeld. "What does that mean? What does that mean? Where am I? Is this a dream? What in God's name is going on here?!"

Edited by filmlover
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I feel like JLD in the Chinese restaurant episode of Seinfeld. "What does that mean? What does that mean? Where am I? Is this a dream? What in God's name is going on here?!"

One of her other comments said it's because it's bad and it's distasteful.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I only copied this here cause I was laughing so hard at her tweet. James Gunn only produced this movie and I get they’re using his name a lot around the movie but I think we all know why they’re using his name. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

One of her other comments said it's because it's bad and it's distasteful.

If that’s what she thought she could review the movie on  RT and give it a negative review.

Not put out a tweet to WB about suicide squad. One has nothing to do with the other. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 1

Just now, cax16 said:

If that’s what she thought she could review the movie on  RT and give it a negative review.

Not put out a tweet to WB about suicide squad. One has nothing to do with the other. 

what do you expect from Grace Randolph lol

1 minute ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

what do you expect from Grace Randolph lol

True.

I’m still fascinated how she has a fan base and I’m really not trying to be rude to anyone who follows her. I just don’t get it. She has some strange views on things. 

11 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I saw this movie. It's something different and it had some great ideas. The ending was crappy, though.

It has 2 or 3 disturbing scenes. I think one of them is the reason Grace is having problems with the flick. 

And honestly that’s completely fine if it’s too disturbing for someone and they didn’t enjoy it. She’s a RT critic, she could speak with her review. No reason at all to tweet at WB about the creative team of suicide squad. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, cax16 said:

And honestly that’s completely fine if it’s too disturbing for someone and they didn’t enjoy it. She’s a RT critic, she could speak with her review. No reason at all to tweet at WB about the creative team of suicide squad. 

Yeah, I don't get that either. Her reaction is pretty much a review by itself. I think she's trying to bait people into something that I can't spoil here.  Thing is, this movie doesn't glorify violence against anybody. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cax16 said:

Lol,

dramatic much. 

This movie is fetishtic with its depiction of violence, like it feels like an even worse Eli Roth film. That said, James Gunn had no creative input on the movie itself.

20 minutes ago, TMP said:

This movie is fetishtic with its depiction of violence, like it feels like an even worse Eli Roth film. That said, James Gunn had no creative input on the movie itself.

This is not accurate at all. He was the major producer on the project, his brother and cousin wrote the screenplay under his guidance, and he handpicked one of his close friends to direct it. He also buried himself into the work of the film between his firing from GotG and hiring for Suicide Squad.

Edited by MuffinMan
  • Astonished 1

The BBFC has given this a 15, but it looks like they’ve advised Sony to censor it:

This film was originally seen for advice at which stage the company was informed it was likely to be classified 18 uncut but that their preferred 15 classification could be achieved by making reductions to two scenes featuring both strong gory images and a dwelling on the infliction of pain and injury. When the film was submitted for formal classification these scenes had been acceptably reduced.”

🙄

Edited by SnokesLegs
Studio mix up

5 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

The BBFC has given this a 15, but it looks like they’ve advised WB to censor it:

This film was originally seen for advice at which stage the company was informed it was likely to be classified 18 uncut but that their preferred 15 classification could be achieved by making reductions to two scenes featuring both strong gory images and a dwelling on the infliction of pain and injury. When the film was submitted for formal classification these scenes had been acceptably reduced.”

🙄

WB is distributing in UK?