sfran43

Weekend Thread: Thursday Previews - Spider-Verse $3.5M | Mortal Engines $675K

Just now, filmlover said:

Most theaters will be dropping it next weekend anyway with how poorly it’s doing and Neon probably not having enough leverage to have a two week contract yet.

Yeah, there's absolutely no chance it has a TC drop below 70%. Smaller studios like Neon have zero negotiating power in these situations, especially when there's a sub-1k PTA.

Just now, The Futurist said:

What s the best case scenario dom for Spidey-verse ?

200m ?

250 ?

Best case: 1B+

Worst Case: 100% drop tomorrow, gets out of theaters by Tuesday morning. 35M total gross.

• Like 1

I listened to one of the Vox Lux songs and Portman is definitely not a singer. I liked the song because I like Sia but it would have been better if Sia had sung it. I haven't seen the film so maybe the character isn't supposed to be good but that makes the film less appealing to me.

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I'm sure Spiderverse will have great legs overseas but that opening seems very low to me.

I expect legs will be worse actually.

Because the openings are gonna be low enough to the point that theaters can't really afford to keep it going.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

I expect legs will be worse actually.

Because the openings are gonna be low enough to the point that theaters can't really afford to keep it going.

You make a great point. I was just trying to be optimistic. Lego Batman did not do good overseas.

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Spider-verse should make about 200-250m worldwide which will make it modestly successful. Don't know if it is enough for a sequel but it should get in the black

It almost definitely reaching 300 mil. Unless the movie flops in China, no way less than 300 mil happens. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

Spiderverse will do fine but people are going on and on about the film like it's going to pull a Venom or something. I just feel like the hype and box office don't match.

It's the anti-Venom. Amazing critical reception, below average box office.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2