sfran43

Weekend Thread: Thursday Previews - Spider-Verse $3.5M | Mortal Engines $675K

31 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

This will probably be the lowest-grossing holiday season since 2014.

I mean when your top two options for Blockbusters are Mary Poppins returns and Aquaman is easy to see what people will choose to spend more time with their families instead of going to the movies. Nothing against those two movies but the reviews so far not screaming must run out and see. 

Edited by Curtis1986

7 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Looks like it opened higher than WW and JL in most markets. Most of mainland Europe opens this coming week and then Australia, NZ and Italy the week after. Japan in February. 350M OS minus China looks like the floor currently.

8 minutes ago, Spagspiria said:

Can theaters dump MI as early as the 25th? I imagine it’ll have a sub-1k PTA next weekend.

The iPic theater close by has posted their entire Christmas Day schedule and they are dropping it so yeah, they will. Gonna barely cross $20M total at this point. What a flop.

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

James Wan da fucking gawd. Everything he touches turns into gold. He is gonna carry the DCEU into the billion territory.

It's just so much damn fun it's a perfect movie for the holidays. Sit back and relax for a fun adventure. The underwater scenes are *kisses fingers*

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

It's just so much damn fun it's a perfect movie for the holidays. Sit back and relax for a fun adventure. The underwater scenes are *kisses fingers*

The visual effects work is insanely good. Best in the genre outside of maybe Infinity War?

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I was having the time of my life. Wan directed the shit out of it.

I should have just trusted tracking when it came to Spiderverse. My 44mil prediction will screw me in the derby. I think people are waiting for the 21st.Of course the film will have good to great legs because of it's excellent word of mouth. Still this opening along with Lego Batman's shows that people do see the live action iteration of superheroes as more special. 

7 minutes ago, TMP said:

The visual effects work is insanely good. Best in the genre outside of maybe Infinity War?

What was so different about Infinity War and it’s special effects from the other Avengers films and Civil War? The cgi villains? 

Maybe I need to rewatch Infinity War when it hits Netflix lol cause I totally missed being extra impressed 

• Thanks 1