That One Girl

Dec 21-23 Weekend Thread | Sat#'s (Asgard pg 60) - Aqua 21.8, MPR 8.8, BB 7.2, SMSV 6.9, Mule 3.8 | Discuss Pitbull's musical work here

Wow, I just took a look at how Vice is doing for previews tonight. It's doing fine-ish, but tomorrow, 3/4 shows are almost filled to capacity in a 40 seat auditorium :jeb!:Holmes and Watson is also selling near capacity in a 75% bigger auditorium. Additionally, Poppins and Aquaman have basically every non-PLF 2D at least 75-80% full for tomorrow.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Astonished 1

Pretty shitty weekend but considering that this is the biggest shopping/travel weekend of the year I'm holding out hope that the holds are exceptional in the Tuesday-Friday part of this week to make up for it. I will say, last time winter configuration was like this (2012?) I remember alot of schools had this past week off, whereas this year every district I've looked at have the week of New Year's off instead, so I haven't completely lost hope. I mean it's pretty bleak but hey Christmas Eve might as well try to look on the brightside. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Wow, I just took a look at how Vice is doing for previews tonight. It's doing fine-ish, but tomorrow, 3/4 shows are almost filled to capacity in a 40 seat auditorium :jeb!:Holmes and Watson is also selling near capacity in a 75% bigger

Two more $100M+ blockbusters for 2018.

Vice-Christian-Bale-Amy-Adams-1200x520.j

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Wow, I just took a look at how Vice is doing for previews tonight. It's doing fine-ish, but tomorrow, 3/4 shows are almost filled to capacity in a 40 seat auditorium :jeb!:

Guess a lot of Americans got a fat fetish

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Why would you even do previews on Christmas Eve. Who is going to theaters on Christmas Eve?! Theaters are closed here after 6 PM today.

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Last showing here is at 7:45.

The locally owned theaters by me have their last shows at 5-5:30 while the chains stop at 8 (just in time for a second Vice showing).

edit:
Deadline too wrote about it

UPDATED with top film figures: IMAX has set itself a new milestone, crossing $1B at the 2018 worldwide box office. This is the first time in the company’s 50-year history that it has reached the benchmark. The group’s global tally, expected to be $1.002B by the end of today, was driven primarily by Hollywood blockbusters, but also includes another IMAX record with local-language pics accounting for more than $100M of the total.

https://deadline.com/2018/12/imax-1-billion-record-global-box-office-2018-1202525564/

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 2
  • Astonished 1