That One Girl

Dec 21-23 Weekend Thread | Sat#'s (Asgard pg 60) - Aqua 21.8, MPR 8.8, BB 7.2, SMSV 6.9, Mule 3.8 | Discuss Pitbull's musical work here

1 hour ago, terrestrial said:

TOP 10 IMAX FILMS OF 2018
Avengers: Infinity War: $143.58M
Black Panther: $81.11M
Jurassic World: $66.75M
Mission: Impossible – Fallout: $53.6M
Ready Player One: $52.12M
Aquaman: Currently $43M, projected to reach $63M by Dec 31
Venom: $42.84M
Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald: $40.02M
Ant-Man and the Wasp: $32.1M
The Meg: $29.91M

TOP 10 LOCAL-LANGUAGE IMAX FILMS OF 2018 
Operation Red Sea (China): $22.71M
Detective Chinatown 2 (China): $11.55M
Dying to Survive (China): $9.47M
Monster Hunt 2 (China): $6.96M
Hello Mr Billionaire (China): $5.62M
Project Gutenberg (China): $5.09M
Shadow (China): $4.01M
Detective Dee 3 (China): $3.64M
Along with the Gods (Korea): $2.96M
Padmaavat (India): $2.68M

• Like 2

6 hours ago, terrestrial said:

I think both POV might have merrit.

Inkl to get the people more into the cinemas again, see together with their friends trailers,.. for upcoming movies also the repeat-views for some movies might have had a certain %

Not as huge as many hink, but:

moviepass needed to come up with $1.2b in 2018, somewhere that kind of money had to be spent to to get the minus that high, so maybe a bit more than you think????

6% more tickets got sold in 2018. Maaaaayyyyybe movie pass had caused a very small % of that, maybe its not measureable I do not know beside the minus is really big, or?

Said article about the billion dollar debt says this:

Previous SEC filings revealed that the company was burning through an average of $21.7 million every month operating MoviePass. In May it blew through $40 million.

That'd come out to around 250m, which I'll concede is a pretty hefty slice of the pie at 2.5% of the yearly box office. Still, when you spread that out over everything that has come out over the year I still doubt it would have turbocharged the releases this weekend. They might have come in a couple of million higher but not enough to turn the tide.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

Said article about the billion dollar debt says this:

Previous SEC filings revealed that the company was burning through an average of $21.7 million every month operating MoviePass. In May it blew through $40 million.

That'd come out to around 250m, which I'll concede is a pretty hefty slice of the pie at 2.5% of the yearly box office. Still, when you spread that out over everything that has come out over the year I still doubt it would have turbocharged the releases this weekend. They might have come in a couple of million higher but not enough to turn the tide.

Not asking for maybe implying something, its about:

My English is sometimes a bit iffy if it is about details in words I wouldn't use.

I try to understand it in the correct way:

Means that they made per month in average $21.7m minus (in the red) or does that mean they had to payout to the cinemas... that amount as a sum for all what their subscriptions customers caused?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

Aquaman > BvS Box Office Total?

At International' sub-forum in the  Aquaman thread they think its possible. I do not do the guessing game (I look into the numbers earliest 2y afterwards, when a lot more data is accessible)

3 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Not asking for maybe implying something, its about:

My English is sometimes a bit iffy if it is about details in words I wouldn't use.

I try to understand it in the correct way:

Means that they made per month in average $21.7m minus (in the red) or does that mean they had to payout to the cinemas... that amount as a sum for all what their subscriptions customers caused?

The phrase 'burning through 21.7m' suggests to me that they are talking about the sum total of money they spent each month, of which most I assume was going straight into the pockets of the theatres.

Take this with a big ol' grain of salt, though. I am no expert on SEC filings.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, aabattery said:

The phrase 'burning through 21.7m' suggests to me that they are talking about the sum total of money they spent each month, of which most I assume was going straight into the pockets of the theatres.

Take this with a big ol' grain of salt, though. I am no expert on SEC filings.

Burning through means negative cash flow. Gross burn is how much a company spends each month while net burn is how much it loses.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AdamKendall said:

Mary Poppins gonna be one of those movies that continues to disappoint every day and people will continue to claim the tide is turning 'tomorrow' or the next day.

... and then it will be out of theaters.

This was said about TGSlast year.

Look. No one is now saying that MPR is going to blow through 400 like some were predicted before.

But maybe we can wait to see if Christmas legs kick in.

We're a BO analyst site.  Not a.. 'let's jump on movies that we hope are failing' website. 

MPR is a family movie and last weekend was the last shopping weekend. 

Let's wait for this week to play out before we call it a flop 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

If i am correct, MP raise the most from estimate compared to other film? 

I guess Disney just downplay the sunday's gross by projecting a nearly impossible 20% drop

Yes, MPR drop only 5% on sunday

Good sign, let's see how it goes from now

29 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Burning through means negative cash flow. Gross burn is how much a company spends each month while net burn is how much it loses.

So they made minus 2.5% of the BO per year. That's a lot (obviously or they wouldn't be 1.2b in the red)

But why didn't someone pushed the emergency break way earlier? around 250 minus a year, that's over 4y at least (if growing use...) and no one reacted?

Sometimes I have no idea what to think about people