sfran43

Monday Numbers: Aquaman $10.95M

9 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Guess I'll be staying in to Netflix and chill all day!!

What do you think, will Netflix,... in this special case (not starting a general discussion about that!) help to heat up the wish for Endgame?

7 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

That is 130% up from already up from previous week's last Monday, which also an up from its previous Monday.

And dont' be surprise it will post another week-to-week gain in next monday

But next Monday next week three will be probably not a lot of Christmas spirit left, in the evening at least some cinemas will be closed for partying and so on???? Or did you mean the weekly BO to the next weekly BO? As that is usually presented for dom per Friday to Thursday I am wondering what you mean.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

That is 130% up from already up from previous week's last Monday, which also an up from its previous Monday.

And dont' be surprise it will post another week-to-week gain in next monday

I am astounded too how well it is holding.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/12/25/aquaman-tops-500m-dc-films-ranked-from-worst-to-best-wonder-woman-justice-league/#639f9ac11ff7

Aquaman fell just 42% on Monday to earn another $10.6 million in North America. That brings its four-day domestic cume up to $83m and means it’ll probably cross $100m tomorrow. That’s a hold on par with Jack Reacher (-41%) a December 21 (2012) release that ended up earning 5.3x its $15m launch. I’m not arguing such a result for the DC Films flick, but the more it plays like Jack Reacher, National Treasure: Book of Secrets (-44% on day four on December 24, 2007), the happier WB will be heading into 2019. And yes, with a $488m cume as of Sunday, it absolutely crossed $500m worldwide.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Astonished 2

5.3x legs for this would be insane. If it gets over $300m that'd be awesome, but I kind of want it to go over $334m just because a post-JL Aquaman movie out-grossing a Spider-Man film ft. Iron Man would be hilarious.

• Like 4

Mary Poppins is selling bonkers in the two markets I track, but who knows. What I think is interesting is how many sellouts or front row only showings I'm seeing for Vice! Granted, one of the markets is D.C., but its doing great everywhere I've looked. It's obviously going to drastically outperform in urban areas. That said, I wouldn't be stunned by a 4.5m+ opening day with yesterday's previews. That'd be a great start. And Holmes isn't doing half bad either, considering it had no marketing and terrible reviews. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TMP said:

5.3x legs for this would be insane. If it gets over $300m that'd be awesome, but I kind of want it to go over $334m just because a post-JL Aquaman movie out-grossing a Spider-Man film ft. Iron Man would be hilarious.

See, I don't get these posts...

Shouldn't every supers fan want every supers movie to keep outgrossing the last, so we can keep getting awesome supers movies?  I mean, I LOVE Homecoming, but I hope every supers movie after it always goes over its gross, so I can keep getting supers movies and EVENTUALLY get my NIGHTWING vs DEATHSTROKE movie!:)  Yes, Teen Titans Go To The Movies almost scratched the itch for this concept, but now I want it live action and gritty, after getting my light and funny take:)...

So, bring on "super" grosses for all of them!:)  (Sorry those who are sick of supers - I also want all the "premier" concepts to go over Homecoming's BO, too, but those are a little harder to wish on:)...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

See, I don't get these posts...

Shouldn't every supers fan want every supers movie to keep outgrossing the last, so we can keep getting awesome supers movies?  I mean, I LOVE Homecoming, but I hope every supers movie after it always goes over its gross, so I can keep getting supers movies and EVENTUALLY get my NIGHTWING vs DEATHSTROKE movie!:)  Yes, Teen Titans Go To The Movies almost scratched the itch for this concept, but now I want it live action and gritty, after getting my light and funny take:)...

So, bring on "super" grosses for all of them!:)  (Sorry those who are sick of supers - I also want all the "premier" concepts to go over Homecoming's BO, too, but those are a little harder to wish on:)...

No no, it’s just because Aquaman was a joke to the GA before this film and if he out grosses one of the most famous super heroes ever it’s be pretty funny

• Like 3

Whoa, Holmes is only 90 minutes long.

Surely not a great sign, though on the plus side I see my theater has 6 showtimes today on just one screen. Not that anybody goes to the early shows on Christmas, but that extra showing might help a tiny bit over the next few days.

• Thanks 1

So is Deadpool 100% pulled from all theaters?

It's gone from all of mine. Anyone see any showtimes left at any theater near them?

They said it would be pulled from theaters on the 24th, and it certainly didn't make enough money at the box office to justify any sort of extension.

7 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Mary Poppins is selling bonkers in the two markets I track, but who knows. What I think is interesting is how many sellouts or front row only showings I'm seeing for Vice! Granted, one of the markets is D.C., but its doing great everywhere I've looked. It's obviously going to drastically outperform in urban areas. That said, I wouldn't be stunned by a 4.5m+ opening day with yesterday's previews. That'd be a great start. And Holmes isn't doing half bad either, considering it had no marketing and terrible reviews. 

Mary Poppins is selling like a Marvel movie in my area. All 5 shows between 11:40 and 3:40 at my theater have only less than 10 seats left in some of the biggest auditoriums. Will be interesting to see just how high it goes today, a gross in the teens seems pretty much guaranteed. Vice has sold out all of its shows today too although the first three are in one of the smallest auditoriums (50 seats) before moving to one of the biggest auditoriums (from Spider-Man, which moves to the third Mary Poppins auditorium at night after getting said big auditorium during the day) at night where it has sold out the 6:50.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TMP said:

How does that work? It's at $72.7m now, & according to THR it did $11.2m today, so it should be at almost $84m now

i think they forgot again prime number....

So anyone can give answer? Is aquaman getting 10.95m or 10.6m or 11.2m?