Eric Duncan

WrathofHan and CoolEric's Controversial* Predictions of 2019 (*Controversial results may vary)

4 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

December 20

Cats: Everything about this film sounds like a disaster. However, Taylor Swift will release a song for the film, and everyone will be going apeshit over that song from Tom Hooper’s Cats. I feel like this has a low range between the floor and the roof. Anyone who is interested in this film is going to see it regardless of reviews. 25/105 (4.25x)

Star Wars: Episode IX: So about my tease from yesterday. Yes, I do not think this will be in the top five of 2019. Star Wars is at an all time low in brand recognition between The Last Jedi’s divisiveness (this isn’t limited to online; the legs reflect this) and Solo’s unfortunate floppage. A lot needs to be done to regain many’s trust in the series, and without knowledge of what will happen in this film, it is impossible to say where it could land. I think the best case scenario is insane WOM that brings legs close to 600M, but I am expecting WOM somewhere between TLJ and TFA. That might not be enough to get this over Rogue One or even 500M, but it would help future installments out. So yeah. Anyone who knows where this will land at the moment is talking out of their ass, so here’s a hot take: 160/480 (3x)

Endgame OW nearly 2x SW9 OW would be quite something

Very interesting to have a low (Hans) and very much higher (CoolErcis) prediction for Star Wars IX. Just shows that the film is incredibly hard to predict, especially with no marketing material. But even with the trailers beeing out, i dont think we will really have a good idea where the film is going until the Thursday previews honestly. Its such a wildcard.

On 12/29/2018 at 4:28 AM, WrathOfHan said:

April 26

Avengers: Endgame: This is the end…. Beautiful friends…. Wait wrong movie. But yeah, WE ARE IN THE ENDGAME NOW. I can understand why people expect this to drop from Infinity War, but I don’t see that happening, especially on its OW. This has even bigger buzz than Infinity War did as people want to know how the story continues. This could mean weaker legs (especially if Pika Pika is as big as I expect it to be), but again, I doubt legs experience a significant drop from the first. This is somewhat a test of how high opening weekends can go, but with a nearly 3 hour runtime, that will mean fewer showtimes than Infinity War had. But fuck it, go controversial, right? 280/715 (2.55x)

good prediction

On 12/29/2018 at 4:33 PM, WrathOfHan said:

May 10

Pokémon: Detective Pikachu: PIKA PIKA MOTHERFUCKERS! Talk about having no expectations for this film to being very anticipated for it. The trailer is so much fun, and the CGI Pokémon look fantastic. The internet and audiences agree based on its trailer views and anecdotal evidence from seeing the trailer in theaters. People are nuts to doubt the power the brand has. The games always sell well for Nintendo’s systems, and Pokémon Go dominated Summer 2016. In fact, maybe Pikachu can dominate Summer 2019 if we exclude Endgame. Brace yourselves. 220/660 (3x)

this is too much

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/29/2018 at 4:22 PM, CoolEric258 said:

May 10

Detective Pikachu: Okay, okay. I was wrong. I said when the first trailer dropped this movie's run would end in the 100s. But now it’ll probably open in the 100s. The hype for this is real. People love the trailer, they’re excited to see Pokemon in live-action, they love the crazy idea, they love them some good ol’ Pika Pika. Fans will probably love it, the kids will eat it up, even people not into Pokemon might just check it out for FOMO purposes. Nostalgia’s also a helluva drug. This won’t do the absurdly high predicts people have sprung about, but this will still be very impressive and probably WB’s biggest movie this year. 140/390 (2.78x)

do you still believe in this prediction?

On 12/27/2018 at 6:00 PM, Napoleon said:

You guys like to set yourselves for disappointment. First Mary Poppins was gonna make $500 million this December, now expecting the same for cheap Wonder Woman cosplay. If it passes $200 million it will be great for a movie Marvel was basically forced to make, yet you will be calling it a flop.

Amazing, you win a cookie.

Edit...wow this thread is a goldmine ...and people were screaming when I predicted 1.1 billion worldwide for JW: FK and it did 1.3 billion. The Shazam predictions, the captain marvel predictions, the endgame predictions....simply awesome stuff in here. You can feel how the MCU crushes some folks ...

Edited by Thrylos 7
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

11 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Edit...wow this thread is a goldmine ...and people were screaming when I predicted 1.1 billion worldwide for JW: FK and it did 1.3 billion. The Shazam predictions, the captain marvel predictions, the endgame predictions....simply awesome stuff in here. You can feel how the MCU crushes some folks ...

Does it hurt to be this angry all the time?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

And what's wrong with what I said? Captain Marvel ain't reaching the $510 million that member predicted. I said anything over $200 million would be great for it. Wouldn't it?

• Haha 2
  • Knock It Off 1

On 12/28/2018 at 7:50 PM, WrathOfHan said:

Curse of La Llorona: James Wan tends to have pretty good things with the things he touches. Whether it’s movies he directs like Aquaman and The Conjuring or productions like sequels in that and the Insidious franchise, he is a horror god at this point. However, this Wan production…. probably will not be a hit. The trailer for this film reminds me a lot like The Nun’s trailer: brief clips leading up to one big jumpscare setpiece. Despite being a shitty film, The Nun’s trailer was really effective. I can’t say the same about La Llorona. This film just looks so generic and repetitive. It doesn’t help that it was subject to a whitewashing controversy already either. James Wan’s name will get it a double digits opening, but it will die fast. 10/22 (2.2x)

nice

On 12/28/2018 at 1:46 PM, CoolEric258 said:

April 19

The Curse of La Llorona: Wan da Gawd's a producer. Horror's also on a hit streak. But I don't think this will be a hit. Trailer views are exceedingly low (3.6M on WB's YouTube channel. Both Us and Pet Semetary are miles ahead of it), and it's coming out a week before the Death Star that is Endgame. Just doesn't seem like the hype is there compared to most other horror releases. 20/50 (2.5x)

I was close, and that's good enough for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Nope and threads like this help a lot:hahaha:Best thread ever in this forum, a joy to read again and again....

Make your own prediction thread then for every wide release movie and we'll see how good you do.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Wouldn’t that make you wrong? 

Seriously, the math don’t add up. @Thrylos 7, if you were predicting $1.1B for FK and everyone was in the $1.4B-$1.5B range, the $1.3B would be closer to the latter instead of yours. At best you’d be about even if the majority thought $1.5B.,But what do I know, it’s not like trying to go into a medical major you’d need basic math.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord