AniNate

The Good Dinosaur | Peter Sohn | BR/DVD release 2-23-2016 | Pixar's first BO flop

I like that decision. The realistic background versus the cute designs makes the characters look a lot more vulnerable.

I concur.  The contrast between the photo-realistic backgrounds and the characters seems to blend quite well and makes for a visually appealing film that isn't too gratifying and sugary. 

I have just two words for this. Deja. Vu.

AGAIN Pixar tries to imitate the superior craft of Dreamworks - and again they will fail. This looks like a shabby and unfunny copy of The Croods that will never come near its commercial, artistic or narrative success.

Edited by Despicable Shay

I just didn't get enough from that Trailer to form any kinda opinion on it.

Looks like one of those films where it ends up being so much more fun and goofier than the trailer lets on. Than again, I doubt this trailer was to get the kids attention. It's something to get the attention of the older audiences.

I'm sure there'll be humor in it, but between the teaser, this, and the general feelings I get from Pete Sohn's interviews, it would appear that comic relief is going to take more of a back seat here.

The thing with children as main characters is you wouldn't get many one-liners out of them unless you're trying to make them overly precocious, which doesn't seem to be the case here. They only react sincerely to all of the events happening around them. Whatever belly laughs there are are probably going to come from the T-Rexes or the other supporting characters.

• Like 2

I have just two words for this. Deja. Vu.

AGAIN Pixar tries to imitate the superior craft of Dreamworks - and again they will fail. This looks like a shabby and unfunny copy of The Croods that will never come near its commercial, artistic or narrative success.

I know they've made some solid films since 2008, but DW's 2003-2007 output is outright awful if you remove Shrek 2, Were-Rabbit and Flushed Away  :lol: Shark Tale, Bee Movie and Shrek the Third are horrible lol... I'd definitely rank Cars 2/Brave (Pixar's worst films) ahead of those 3. 

This looks to be what Don Bluth wanted the original Land Before Time to be, if anything (a serious epic with almost no dialogue) 

The Croods has a 73% on RT... GD should be 85%+ on RT. The Croods did $500 million WW, Good Dinosaur should do $600-800 million WW. 

Your argument just kind falls flat since GD is very likely going to make more money than Croods and have better reviews than Croods  :lol: