Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 | July 12 2023 | 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! | 290M budget so far, Cruise holding Paramount hostage for more money

1 hour ago, Algebra said:

Call me crazy..but just getting a hunch this thing's gonna blow up over the weekend. 

A Cinemascore

Historically backloaded

Terrible opening day option for target demo (35-49) who don't prebook early 

Opening true Wednesday quite a bit higher than that of previous instalment

admire your optimism. Fingers crossed things pick up considerably. 

• Like 2

95% verified audience score now on RT after 1000+ votes. Of course that is a A cinemascore. I feel like the last minute release date shift caused some confusion among GA and we all know GA don't follow movie news as we do so I will make my judgment only by Sunday.

• Like 3

On 7/12/2023 at 9:55 AM, ChipDerby said:

I started my rewatch last night. So far:

1. Mission: Impossible

Watched #2 last night, updating the list!!

1. Mission: Impossible 2

2. Mission: Impossible

The 2nd one is so much fun and whips so much ass. Tom was never cooler than this film. A bit too much slow motion and probably a bit too long.

• Like 2

About every major youtuber I watch has given this a very positive review of the movie which shows its WOM is going to probably carry throughout the weekend.

Edited by Austin
  • Like 2

This movie is not the best M:I film (Fallout and Ghost Protocol are above it in my book), but its damn near close. It goes on for maybe 10 mins longer than it needed, but its never boring and the action is just ... chefs kiss. Amazing stuntwork, camera work and use of location.

Movies like this are made to see it in the cinemas.

• Heart 1

24 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

This movie is not the best M:I film (Fallout and Ghost Protocol are above it in my book), but its damn near close. It goes on for maybe 10 mins longer than it needed, but its never boring and the action is just ... chefs kiss. Amazing stuntwork, camera work and use of location.

Movies like this are made to see it in the cinemas.

I have rogue nation in place of ghost Protocol but yeah.

6 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

Watched #2 last night, updating the list!!

1. Mission: Impossible 2

2. Mission: Impossible

The 2nd one is so much fun and whips so much ass. Tom was never cooler than this film. A bit too much slow motion and probably a bit too long.

+1 mI2 is dope, MI is boring aside from Vanessa Redgrave 

58 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I am seeing it this weekend, do not like going to the movies on work nights. 

I think 95%  of this movies target audience would agree with that. And some around here have chosen to ignore that so they could do the usual doom and gloom overreaction. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

What's up with Gen Z not digging action movies? 

We/They are brainrot by social media (tiktok/youtube/instagram) and can only watch videos that are short or appeal to their ADD. Idk, it is weird to me that my generation doesn't watch movies unless they are conventional and on streaming.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Austin said:

We/They are brainrot by social media (tiktok/youtube/instagram) and can only watch videos that are short or appeal to their ADD. Idk, it is weird to me that my generation doesn't watch movies unless they are conventional and on streaming.

I thought this too, but supposedly Gen Z is the biggest moviegoing demo post-COVID.

3 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

I thought this too, but supposedly Gen Z is the biggest moviegoing demo post-COVID.

Yeah, I was going to say, boomers and Gen X people are the ones who can’t be bothered to go to a theater anymore. TGM was a rare exception. 

• Like 1

If MI7 does end up at $75m for the 5 day, a significant impact can be pointed towards the lack of talk shows. Cruise would go on them and rack up tens of millions of views each time.And every time there’s been an iconic Cruise video like flying James Corden on his jet or jumping out of a plane with him, just to name the more recent ones.

This time around, there’s nothing that’s gone viral because it’s all just plain boring press interviews with the same bland questions

Edited by Algebra
  • Like 1