Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 | July 12 2023 | 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! | 290M budget so far, Cruise holding Paramount hostage for more money

1 hour ago, tonytr87 said:

What's up with Gen Z not digging action movies? 

(Older) Gen-Z here and, anecdotally for how I’ve felt and how my friends feel, the whole “social media destroying attention spans” in in-part to blame. If I wasn’t so into movies, I’d find it hard to concentrate on a film for 2+ hours without stopping (based on how I watch movies at home). A lot of people my age say they DONT go to movies because staff enforce phone policies, and they “can’t be off their phones for 2 hours” which scares me. And at the same time, a lot of older people say they don’t like going to movies because staff DONT enforce phone policies. I’m genuinely curious how the next few years turn out.

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

On 7/12/2023 at 9:46 AM, CoolioD1 said:

Haven't watched this yet but I just finished my rewatch of 1-6. Here's my ranking

1. Rebecca Ferguson

2. Thandie Newton

3. Maggie Q

4. Paula Patton

5. Vanessa Kirby

6. Emmanuelle Beart

7. Michelle Monaghan

So far IDK if Thandie can be beat. Just wow.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, DAJK said:

(Older) Gen-Z here and, anecdotally for how I’ve felt and how my friends feel, the whole “social media destroying attention spans” in in-part to blame. If I wasn’t so into movies, I’d find it hard to concentrate on a film for 2+ hours without stopping (based on how I watch movies at home). A lot of people my age say they DONT go to movies because staff enforce phone policies, and they “can’t be off their phones for 2 hours” which scares me. And at the same time, a lot of older people say they don’t like going to movies because staff DONT enforce phone policies. I’m genuinely curious how the next few years turn out.

You should tell your friends they're addicts. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1. Rebecca Ferguson - The GOAT (sexy, badass, beautiful, That elegant face 😍. Deadly combination. Perfect for Ethan 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨. )

2. Emmanuelle Beart - French girl supremacy. Same like Ilsa. Sadly she’s dead 💀(her character ofc) and only featured in one movie.
3. Thandie Newton - pretty and sweet. Prime Thandie in MI2 was the most beautiful black women ever😍. But only featured in MI2 cause she hates Tom….

4. Vanessa Kirby - seducing face type and smoking hot accent (also body 👀). Can’t fight sadly and has dumb brother.

5.  Hayley Atwell - pretty, little bit wife material, hot body. Kinda annoying and 100% ghosting type. Hopefully she’ll be better next movie. Fingers crossed.
6. Michelle Monaghan - your usual type of gf or wife. Wife material but not fit with Ethan. Nothing special. Never root him with Ethan and thank God she’s not.

7. Lea Seydoux - French girl supremacy again. But dead too soon. Horny accent tho. 😰

8. Paula Patton. Alright character. Just featured in one movie like a filler lady agents. No French girl supremacy.

9. Maggie Q - Same as Paula Patton but her character got even less screen time.

10. Keri Russell - Had one fight scene with bruised face and then brutally died. At least she’s badass and her death scene was emotional and full of nightmare. Too short of appearance’s time makes her in the last.

• Haha 2

Fallout.                         9.5

Rouge nation.              9.25

Ghost protocol.            9.0

MI3.                                9.0

Dead reckoning part 1 8.5

MI.                                   8.0

MI2 .                                7.5

Action and particularly the third act was incredible but script dropped the ball and was really sloppy in parts . Didn't like a specific character choice and treatment  in this. 

Still liked  it.

9 hours ago, DAJK said:

I hate this generation, it makes me feel like a boomer.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DAJK said:

When I went to the flash with my friend, he said he enjoyed it and so did I, but even then he would go on his phone every 20 min to check "something" (nothing). Our generation is addicted. It's bad.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Austin said:

When I went to the flash with my friend, he said he enjoyed it and so did I, but even then he would go on his phone every 20 min to check "something" (nothing). Our generation is addicted. It's bad.

I'm an old, but it's still hard for me to focus when I'm at home watching things.  That's one thing I've come to love about going to the movies is that it forces me to put the phone away for a couple of hours. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Deep Wang said:

I'm an old, but it's still hard for me to focus when I'm at home watching things.  That's one thing I've come to love about going to the movies is that it forces me to put the phone away for a couple of hours. 

I agree, as I've started to put my phone on the charger at home when I start a show or movie, so I don't get tempted. If it's something I actually need to check, I'll get my ass up and check but it wont be convenient. 

Edited by Austin
  • Haha 1

Rewatched first two movies and Ghost Protocol before this and I have to say the first one is still very good, second one awful and GP kinda slows down in the second half.

As for this movie, I saw it couple hours ago and its on Fallout level. Will we get a thread with spoilers? Wanted to ask a question about ai

• Like 1

1 minute ago, karlleng said:

Rewatched first two movies and Ghost Protocol before this and I have to say the first one is still very good, second one awful and GP kinda slows down in the second half.

As for this movie, I saw it couple hours ago and its on Fallout level. Will we get a thread with spoilers? Wanted to ask a question about ai

I was wondering the same thing, will there be a spoilers thread?

18 hours ago, DAJK said:

I 100% support a no use of phone in theater policy; before they became usual I had several movies ruined because some idiot behind me carried on a conversation while the moive was running.

FOr god,s sake, if the movie bores you or you have a call you havt to take, go out into the freaking lobby. How hard is that.

And it gets worse then that. Some experts are saying we are going to have a literacy problem because some people cannot focus enough to read anything longer then  a couple of paragraphs

Edited by dudalb
  • Heart 1
  • Thanks 1