CoolioD1

Last Night in Soho (Edgar Wright Directing + Anya Taylor-Joy stars) | October 29, 2021

Just now, ViewerAnon said:

This is a pure horror/thriller. It’s not making a play for Oscars and I wouldn’t expect unanimous praise. Wright is doing something very specific with it that will not be everyone’s cup of tea.

I think this would be better received at Cannes than Venice.

But still prettty good reception overall, and people who dislike it only make me more excited so yeah i'm hyped.

23 minutes ago, Amorphous said:

Really, really enjoyed this. Practically flawless for me, but it does veer to the silly territory in the last act, and is definitely not for everyone. If you can't suspend your disbelief there, the movie will fall apart. 8/10.

Could be a sleeper-hit if marketed right.

This x100. If you want to pick it apart you can. If you go with it emotionally it’s a hugely satisfying ending, both viscerally and thematically.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Headed down to 67% on RT with a few rottens from Independent, Little White Lies, and The Playlist.

The average is 7.5 tho which is promising, i think it will go up when more reviews comes out on the next weeks.

Actually i think there are 3-4 good reviews that need to be add on RT, but the negative ones is all there already.

Yes people should stop looking at %. Average is the relevant thing. 

Also, given the success of APQ2, The Conjuring 3, Candyman, etc it should do well since those who saw it say it's a horror movie. That audience is very active. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Last Man Standing said:

Still very early, Dune was at 71% after 10 reviews wasn't it?

Indeed it was, and now so is this. I wasn't trying to pull a 'crumbling' statement lmao, I'm sure this will be certified fresh, though not near Wright's peak due to what this is.

It's a genre film through and through.

It's very much in that camp, horror thriller, slick B-Movie territory, so it's going to be fine regardless of reviews. It knows it's place, and it does it very well. People that aren't fond on the ending probably aren't fond of those kind of movies in general.

11 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Yes people should stop looking at %. Average is the relevant thing. 

Also, given the success of APQ2, The Conjuring 3, Candyman, etc it should do well since those who saw it say it's a horror movie. That audience is very active. 

The trailer has been attached to all 3 of those here in the UK too. 

I just hope it’s not another “Bad Times At The El Royale”: amazing trailer but I thought the film was a boring slog to watch. 

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

The trailer has been attached to all 3 of those here in the UK too. 

I just hope it’s not another “Bad Times At The El Royale”: amazing trailer but I thought the film was a boring slog to watch. 

I read all reviews so far and they say it's entertaining throughout. It's just that some didn't expect it to go full horror so that took them aback. The slog reviews are, unfortunately, about Dune even the ones that give it 5/5.