IronJimbo

Alita: Battle Angel

On 3/5/2019 at 7:08 AM, KP1025 said:

I admire the enthusiasm, but Japan is looking to finish around $10 million total (1/15 of your original prediction) after dropping almost 50% in its second weekend. Unfortunately, the curse of the live-action anime/manga adaptation continues in Japan. 

On 3/5/2019 at 9:48 AM, AJG said:

That guys post was nuts. 

Japan is really not that fussed about anime outside of long running kids shows. 

$150m????

2 hours ago, Agafin said:

Yeah lol, that was insanely optimistic prediction. I don't think there's any movie in Japan which we can say is locked to do $150m.  In fact, $100m can only be considered as a "lock" for Frozen 2 and Weathering with you.

China and Japan combined won't cross $150.

Edited by a2k

41 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

With the extension in China it sure will.

Possible but not locked. Infinity War only added another $3 million after its extension for comparison, and that was a much bigger film. Alita might add $1-2 million total for its second month. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, salvador-232 said:

71% drop, loving all the anti gravity. It should still finish above 400m WW but 450m is dead, bury it. 

Why are you here Salvador? Are you still salty about something :wintf:

• Like 3
  • Knock It Off 1

30 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Says the person who said it is going to do a Billie and then changed to 500 and now will barely cross 400. Lmao. Bombs away. 

It's been apparent it wasn't going to make a billie for over a month marveldcfox.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Regardless, a 400 M + finish for Alita is, I feel, a fantastic result. Very few people out there would have ever predicted it would do this well and yet, here we are. Break even or not, it's out of our hands nor do we know how much they will be happy with, fingers crossed for a sequel, the audience is there, a new life awaits on home video, the potential for an increase on a sequel is strong imo. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Over a month means before Alita released in the US. Pretty sure you were parroting billie back then.

Woah now you've got a reality altering ability? Truly a real life superhero hero.

After the UK and SK's opening weekends a billie was off the cards.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

It's been apparent it wasn't going to make a billie for over a month marveldcfox.

You really remind me of good old Kal-El over at Mojo when we had a home there. For good and bad. You`re not him right?

3 minutes ago, fmpro said:

You really remind me of good old Kal-El over at Mojo when we had a home there. For good and bad. You`re not him right?

Kal will be back for Avatar 2, he pops in now and again to say hi and tell us about 4dx.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Regardless, a 400 M + finish for Alita is, I feel, a fantastic result. Very few people out there would have ever predicted it would do this well and yet, here we are. Break even or not, it's out of our hands nor do we know how much they will be happy with, fingers crossed for a sequel, the audience is there, a new life awaits on home video, the potential for an increase on a sequel is strong imo. 

Pacific rim 2 says "hi"