grim22

BOT's Top 25 Movies of 2018 | The forums can't fight the friction

10 hours ago, grim22 said:

Hide contents

INCREDIBLES 2

t8DqKQI.png

Incredibles 2 was a generational event for 90s and early 00s kids. The movie lived up to the first and brought Brad Bird back to the mainstream after the bombage of Tomorrowland. 

USER REVIEWS

This is more straight up superheroics/suburban family stuff than the first film, and the villain is nowhere near as good as Syndrome. You can see the identity of the "mystery villain" mile away.

That being said, just because its more on the superhero side of things doesnt make it any less entertaining. 

The action sequences are absolutely jaw-dropping (train chase and Screenslaver's hideouts being technical marvels!!!) and we get to see more of Helen/Violet this time around.

Great stuff.

A @kaijukurt

Solid work, gorgeous animation, phenomenal theme.  I thought the plot felt predictable and safe (even for a kids movie) - yet, yet -- I can dismiss all that because the character work is top-notch.  There are some wonderful quiet moments in this movie.  Also, the action was AAAAWESOME.  Overall, I was charmed.  

A/A-

@captainwondyful

This is hilarious to me because it didn’t make my Top 25. 

2 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

A Simple Favor making the list is honestly shocking. Especially ahead of the likes of Crazy Rich Asians/Searching/Infinity War

I had Simple Favor very high on my list.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

A Simple Favor making the list is honestly shocking. Especially ahead of the likes of Crazy Rich Asians/Searching/Infinity War

Simple Favour is the only of those that made my top 25 ha. I missed Searching though, it was only in cinemas here very briefly. 

Edited by Krissykins

36 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

There isn't any backlash

come on now. When the movie came out everyone was gushing over it and it looked like clearly it would end up in the top ten of the year. Now it ends up at 22 behind movies like A Simple Favor, Game Night, and Bohemian Rhapsody? Clearly some kind of backlash

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

come on now. When the movie came out everyone was gushing over it and it looked like clearly it would end up in the top ten of the year. Now it ends up at 22 behind movies like A Simple Favor, Game Night, and Bohemian Rhapsody? Clearly some kind of backlash

MCU films don't perform great on these countdowns

3 hours ago, Christmas baumer said:

I had Simple Favor very high on my list.

I had it at #13, and probably would've gone higher but I assumed the demographic here wasn't in its favor.  I'm really glad it's on the list at all.

Re: Infinity War

I had it at #1, because after the snafu of Black Panther's BOFFY Best Picture Nominee (still WTFing), I assumed the forum had thrown its weight behind AIW.  Black Panther, my actual #1, was #2.  I remember when @Panda did the Top 100, he said he thought the MCU didn't have as many films on the list because there was no consensus on which one is the best. ( *cough* Winter Soldier and Black Panther are the best *cough* ) So I figured with the BOFFY Snub, AIW was the pick. 🤷‍♀️

So I am intrigued to see where Black Panther lands.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, John Marston said:

You're gonna have to find out "who" was gushing over it and "who" voted to determine that.