Eric Duncan

Weekend Thread (3/15-3/17): Captain Marvel 68, Wonder Park 15.8, Five Feet Apart 13.2, Dragon 9.3, Madea 7.8

12 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Guardian of the Galaxy 2 made 141.38m after it's 65,263,492 and a very similar -55.5% drop.

Same absolute legs (and thus a worst multiplier for Captain Marvel) would put the total at 406.2m

Same relative legs (and thus a worst multiplier for Captain Marvel) would put the total at 412.15m

Guardian 2 faced Wonder woman week 5.

Captain Marvel finishing between 406 to 412 to be expected ? Or summer week days difference will show up for Guardian legs at some points ?

That’s exactly what I said.With Us,Dumbo,Shazam and Pet Sematary all opening in the next few weeks and all getting great buzz i’m Inclined to believe that they will take screens and audience away from CM.Remember that Guardians only had Wonder Woman in each 5th week but other than that the competition was pretty shit quality wise and it also benefited from summer weekdays.Hell I hi kitty in the coming week Wonder Woman May overtake CM in the dailies.

Edited by TheDarkKnightOfSteel
  • Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

That’s exactly what I said.With Us,Dumbo,Shazam and Pet Sematary all opening in the next few weeks and all getting great buzz i’m Inclined to believe that they will take screens and audience away from CM.Remember that Guardians only had Wonder Woman in each 5th week but other than that the competition was pretty shit quality wise and it also benefited from summer weekdays.Hell I hi kitty in the coming week Wonder Woman May overtake CM in the dailies.

wonder woman was in the middle of the summer of course its dailies will be better with better holds etc and that movie had a 4 multi not comparison thats not to say that the competition wont affect captain marvel just stating a fact

5 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

but Valonqar told me it would cross 70 with actuals

maybe bc back then we thought  that it had made 69.3 ? just saying anyway still question why we get the actuals later that we usually do ?

Edited by john2000

5 minutes ago, john2000 said:

maybe bc back then we thought  that it had made 69.3 ? just saying anyway still question why we get the actuals later that we usually do ?

hang over? see St.Patrick? Not really earnestly meant

Lionsgate and some smaller distributers are still missing or I'd posted the loooooonnnngggg wekend chart already

Just anecdotally, from what I've seen online and that one survey that was commented on last weekend, the word of mouth is at least somewhat different between women and men on Captain Marvel (in general, obviously). 

Could the ratio leaning more towards women over its second weekend mean something positive for its legs going foward?

• Like 1

Just now, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

Just anecdotally, from what I've seen online and that one survey that was commented on last weekend, the word of mouth is at least somewhat different between women and men on Captain Marvel (in general, obviously). 

Could the ratio leaning more towards women over its second weekend mean something positive for its legs going foward?

Possible

The average difference at rating websites differ greatly at sites where you can see the gender split. Including South Korea, or IMDb.

IMDb: Some days into the release the rating difference was 1.2, actually its only 0.9. In Asia it was partly even a bit bigger

• Thanks 1

For the ones interested into weekends beside not all are actuals (but the most are)

green font = estimates, black font = actuals

weekend

https://www.the-numbers.com/box-office-chart/weekend/2019/03/15

Sunday

https://www.the-numbers.com/box-office-chart/daily/2019/03/17

2 hours ago, cdsacken said:

It's Sunday number sucked as well, all of them did.

My comment wasn't about "It" it was about ludicrously thought that SPD would hurt the box-office. Why do you CM fans have a Napoleon complex? You seriously take on the persona of the star of the movie.