Eric Prime

US WEEKEND THREAD: Record 70.25 OW (highest grossing OW for an original horror)

https://deadline.com/2019/03/us-jordan-peele-weekend-box-office-1202580617/

Other super things this weekend: Warner Bros. held paid previews with Fandango of New Line/DC’s Shazam! yesterday and made $3.3M a record among the recent swatch of early paid preview partnerships (i.e. with Atom, Amazon). Shazam! made more than Aquaman‘s $2.9M. The pic doesn’t open until April 5.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 3

16 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

Huh So CM is now an above average grossing movie for the MCU, congrats

Above average? 🤔  It’s outgrossed Thor Ragnarok, Both Guardians movies, Wonder Woman, Spider-Man Homecoming, both Deadpools, and BvS in a little more than 2 weeks. It’s more than just ‘above average’

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Just noticed that Gloria Bell managed to land into the top 10. Wasn't super into the director's A Fantastic Woman, but still pretty cool. Hopefully I'll get around to seeing this pretty soon

I saw it Friday. Pretty good movie with an outstanding performance from Julianne Moore that should be getting more awards buzz than it will (Golden Globes is her best shot at any recognition).

26 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Will BR reach $950M?🤔

This is going to be remembered as the first LGBT theme film with massive mainstream success.   

The highest grossing LGBT film, was previously held by Imitation Game(which feature very little LGBT content).

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $215,904,214    24.3%
Foreign:  $673,221,476    75.7%

Worldwide:  $889,125,690  

The empowerment of LGBT nowadays is getting wider spread!