Eric Prime

US WEEKEND THREAD: Record 70.25 OW (highest grossing OW for an original horror)

5 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Why isn't it that dude banned yet?

Doesn't the N.I.R.D concept apply here...I mean, I just skip the posts and reply (and like) folks who have more valuable content:)...(like you all could have done in last weekend's thread for my Wonder Park review that helped explain it not falling off a cliff this weekend - totally starting my "MVP poster for kid movies" campaign right here:)...

As for why he's still here, I don't think the board normally bans for being totally wrong, or even trolling, as long as you don't do it over and over...they normally go after poster-to-poster action...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I am starting to wonder if they will release some Marvel movies over X-Mas.

Like I dont think Aquaman would have done a billion in Nov for example

You're right, Aquaman would not have made 1 billion in November, it would make $ 1,150 billion:lol:.

If Aquaman had hit the billion "only" because it was released in December, Bumblebee would have to made 1 billion as well, Bumblebee was a far more recognized character by the international audience than Aquaman was.

Edited by Lucasmessi12
  • Thanks 1

I would think you were right but I got thread banned right after I joined for way less. Promoting unconfirmed conspiracy theories seems like blatant trolling to me what do I know?

Nothing wrong with being wrong. I thought US would max at 60, I wasn't even close with my high 50s prediction (originally 48 before the crazy prebuzz tracking showed that was impossible). 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I would think you were right but I got thread banned right after I joined for way less. Promoting unconfirmed conspiracy theories seems like blatant trolling to me what do I know?

Nothing wrong with being wrong. I thought US would max at 60, I wasn't even close with my high 50s prediction (originally 48 before the crazy prebuzz tracking showed that was impossible). 

I got thread banned a few months back cause I posted a joke regarding Aquaman’s “drop” on a certain day during the weekend. Sometimes through text it’s hard to see who’s joking and who’s not. What I’m trying to say is no hard feelings and it happens :lol:

Also it depends on the mod watching and also whether the poster is even worth it. They also maybe waiting for him/her to continue on with the behavior (if it’s something that they routinely do) so they can just permaband them as opposed to thread banning them everytime they troll. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 6

So the new theory now after the Disney paychecks to critics is that Disney is buying entire screens to make Captain Marvel look like a success? Oh man I can totally enter that train because why the fuck not. 

3ca2a722a982d9482a6f12075879d22b.jpg

• Haha 5
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

So the new theory now after the Disney paychecks to critics is that Disney is buying entire screens to make Captain Marvel look like a success? Oh man I can totally enter that train because why the fuck not. 

3ca2a722a982d9482a6f12075879d22b.jpg

Congrats on your 300M club. Because (say it like that Pitch Meeting guy).

3 hours ago, DAR said:

I’m actually saying your opinion has value. 

yes I know you were giving me a compliment LOL and as soon as I hit send I had a feeling that my words would be misconstrued. I definitely appreciate the kind words buddy. I just meant to say that I get why other people are liking it but for me it just didn't work.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

This is going to be remembered as the first LGBT theme film with massive mainstream success.   

The highest grossing LGBT film, was previously held by Imitation Game(which feature very little LGBT content).

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $215,904,214    24.3%
Foreign:  $673,221,476    75.7%

Worldwide:  $889,125,690  

The empowerment of LGBT nowadays is getting wider spread! 

Neither does Bohemian Rhapsody... It does show more than The Imitation Game,  in that a whole two m/m kisses are more than zero, but neither really says much. I mean, if a Sam Smith biopic was that chaste there would be fewer objections, but this is Freddie Mercury, the approach was pretty sexless even for a PG-13 movie. BR gave audiences the Queen concert experience that they wanted and it's made tons of money, it's won a bunch of awards by giving people feels about old songs they already liked, that's more than enough success for it. Now there's talk of trying to lower the rating of the Elton John biopic by cutting out some gay sexual content, so great job Bohemian Rhapsody for setting the example, so empowering! :rolleyes:

Edited by BoxOfficeChica

1 minute ago, BK007 said:

Infinitely sad for the Dragon franchise. 

Opened high and not even going to beat the 2nd. Not even going to beat Boss Baby. 

Sigh.

It literally had a 29% drop this weekend.... If it continues this well it might go past HTTYD2 in the end.