Eric Lasagna

Megalopolis l Francis Ford Coppola's future magnum opus l CINEMA HAS BEEN SAVED

Posted (edited)

"I will always take a wild, divisive movie over a safe and boring one."

Sorry for double post. I guess I have to say something more to negate that.

I cannot help thinking the majority of the criticisms of the movie comes from the reactions to that Guardian article.  

Edited by BigBoxOfficeBucks
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

65 on MC now

Reviews are actually quite decent, considering it’s strong divisive aspect 

If it win something at Cannes, maybe he can still have a shot at selling this well. Triangle of Sadness won Best Picture with very similar reviews 

If it doesn’t win, yeah i think he’ll have to accept a way smaller price and distribution with NEON or similar studio.

i really doubt greta gerwig is going to give a palme d'or to something like this. But having an american director- actor as jury president should help to take something, i don't see coppola without nothing at what should be his last festival presence ever.

Btw i think this s not this a kinda of divisive movie will have an impact or something, in 2 weeks no one will talk about it. 

Edited by vale9001

22 minutes ago, DInky said:

I feel like if Zack Snyder, for example, made the same exact movie then it'd have 0% on RT.

Lol bingo. Even the positive reviews are along the lines of “Well it certainly was ambitious…” or “He’s a legend and it’s one of his last films…”

They can’t quite articulate why they liked it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Speedorito said:

Lol bingo. Even the positive reviews are along the lines of “Well it certainly was ambitious…” or “He’s a legend and it’s one of his last films…”

They can’t quite articulate why they liked it.

I WAS THERE WHEN #they TOLD ME THIS WAS A NEW LEVEL OF CINEMA

giphy.gif

Remove Scorsese's name and we'd speak even less about The Irishman than we do now.

42 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I know it is nonsense to compare the two movies by the RT score. But, if it were as good as Babylon, I would be so excited.

In terms of underrated movies, Babylon is one of the greatest . If anyone wants to fight me on that, you are FREAKING welcome.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DInky said:

I feel like if Zack Snyder, for example, made the same exact movie then it'd have 0% on RT.

Zack Snyder couldn't make the same exact movie because he is Zack Snyder and not Francis Ford Coppola.

This line of argument is trotted out a lot but it's built on a false premise. No piece of work exists in a vacuum, and if it's made by someone who's been creating for a long time, no shit it's gonna gain a part of its meaning through the context of their life and work. You can't just decide to forget who made the movie.

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, AJG said:

I WAS THERE WHEN #they TOLD ME THIS WAS A NEW LEVEL OF CINEMA

giphy.gif

Remove Scorsese's name and we'd speak even less about The Irishman than we do now.

Some of you guys put way too much stock in the opinions of others lmao

• Like 1