Impact

What if Qui Gon never found Anakin?

This is something that I have thought of before-what if Anakin was never found?Some good and bad would happen.Good:The Jedi would of still been strong most likely.Bad:Hans Solo would not be that good now and some other stuff.

It would make a lot more sense for Obi-Wan to find him during the Clone Wars (or the lead up to the war), so the continuity between that and Return of the Jedi can be a bit more realistic. Not trying ot nitpick, but if Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon were that close, why does Obi-Wan never mention him in the OT?Okay, its just a movie, I know. Rant over.

• Like 1

My opinion is that some of the basic premise for Attack of the Clones should have been Episode 1 (as in the opening stages of the Clone Wars). We don't need a film showing how Obi-Wan and Anakin first met. Instead start off with them as master-apprentice and build up that relationship from the start.

Phantom menace was a pointless story in most regards. I know why George did it - to give Anikin a full character ark - innocent boy to flawed apprentice to dark lord to redeemed. But by focusing a whole movie on the innocent boy, the rest of the ark that was played out in the PT just seemed rushed.

Phantom menace was a pointless story in most regards. I know why George did it - to give Anikin a full character ark - innocent boy to flawed apprentice to dark lord to redeemed. But by focusing a whole movie on the innocent boy, the rest of the ark that was played out in the PT just seemed rushed.

Lucas himself said regarding the prequels that he had the idea for ONE movie. But it had to be a trilogy, so he made three movies.

Been awhile but wasn't Anakin needed to bring balance to the force? There has been an evil for every good, is this right?

What I don't get is it was Anakin who unbalanced the force anyway, by betraying all the jedi. So if he had never had been found there would have been no need to bring balance to the force right?

What I don't get is it was Anakin who unbalanced the force anyway, by betraying all the jedi. So if he had never had been found there would have been no need to bring balance to the force right?

Well from what I remember Lucas saying is that basically the Sith was the ones bringing unbalance. It wasn't Anakin. Basically Lucas' definition of balance wasn't the equivalent of a scale of half good/half bad. The Sith used the Force in a wrong way so that is what was throwing the Force off balance. So take that for what you will :P

Palpatine had his plan in motion before they found Anakin, so he would have continued with it no matter what. The difference with finding Anakin was that when he took over, he had Vader by his side, not Dooku. Also, by finding Anakin, he was able to procreate, resulting in Luke and Leia. If those children hadn't been born then there would be no Jedi to assist the rebels (seemed to be needed in battle of Yavin IV, which if lost would have meant the end of the rebellion).Then, with all the pieces in place, Luke was able to turn Vader against the Emperor, something he would not have been able to do with Dooku. So finding Anakin did restore balance to the galaxy after all.
  • Like 1

Well it is hinted in Revenge that Palpatine created Anakin by manipulating the force so he would had found him eventually to be sure. Still seems like quite the flawed plan from old Palpy. For example it wouldn't had taken much for him to die before he could get to him.....e.g he may hop into a ship and fly into a space battle not knowing wtf was going on.

Lucas himself said regarding the prequels that he had the idea for ONE movie. But it had to be a trilogy, so he made three movies.

Lucas actually said that 60% of the story he originally outlined for the PT went into ROTS, with the other 40% split between the first two prequels. So TPM and AOTC are 80% filler :)As for what would have happened if Anakin hadn't been found by Qui-Gon, Palpy would still have have taken over the galaxy with a different Sith apprentice. But there wouldn't have been anyone to throw him down a ventilation shaft.

Yes, but this goes back to fate. Fate is a very big thing in the Jedi world. And Qui Gon was meant to find Anakin.