sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday estimates - Shazam $6.37M | Little $5.37M | Hellboy $4.93M | Pet Sematary $2.93M | After $2.90M | Dumbo $2.27M

Just now, TMP said:

Hellboy's doing incredible relative to my expectations. Thought sub-$10m was locked 😕 

To be fair, it's probably gonna drop like 70% next weekend and then completely disappear the week after when Avengers comes to wipe out everything.

• Disbelief 1

Just now, filmlover said:

To be fair, it's probably gonna drop like 70% next weekend and then completely disappear the week after when Avengers comes to wipe out everything.

Next weekend is Easter, it might hold slightly better. It sure will be complete toast, just like all the other holdovers except CM, the weekend after.

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

wow, Dumbo with another huge drop lol. Complete audience rejection. And it's not like Missing Link is doing particularly strong business either. 

Sub-$100m dom possible? Would have stubby, baby elephant legs if so

edit: nvm, Easter will lock $100m dom

Edited by TMP
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, LexJoker said:

Nah I just like the visual aesthetics in his movies. I haven't even bothered to watch BvS and JL.

I was just joking, making fun of those DC fans on reddit who say it's going to be better than the actual release. :D

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

wow, Dumbo with another huge drop lol. Complete audience rejection. And it's not like Missing Link is doing particularly strong business either. 

Families at this point are likely saving for the summer crop of major family films (Detective Pikachu, Aladdin, Pets 2, Toy Story 4, Lion King), which all have much more going for them anyway.

• Like 2

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Again this family rejection for the PG movies barring Dragon 3 is going to help Pikachu and Aladdin in May.

Aladdin is gonna make so much money

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Families at this point are likely saving for the summer crop of major family films (Detective Pikachu, Aladdin, Pets 2, Toy Story 4, Lion King), which all have much more going for them anyway.

If I were a betting man, I think each of them will cross $300M DOM or rather high $200Ms.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

12 hours ago, Ent said:

Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures International brass reported that Captain Marvel has amassed $669m

Source : https://www.screendaily.com/box-office/shazam-looks-to-extend-international-rule-as-hellboy-enters-fray/5138519.article

34 minutes ago, john2000 said:

sorry hope you dont mind but shouldnt we have the os numbers by now ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

Damn. How bad is Dumbo to basically  act like a horror film at box office?

It just burnt off a lot of demand opening weekend tbh. These remakes are getting very fanboy heavy/front-loaded

• Like 1