Eric the Ape

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

11 minutes ago, grim22 said:

@MrPink is threadbanned for 2 days. As a reminder, even tagged spoilers are not allowed in the weekend thread.

5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

@CJohn has been threadbanned for one day for quoting untagged spoilers.

The mods will discuss and see if we can hand out warnings

PLEASE REPORT ANY SPOILERS, TAGGED OR OTHERWISE, AND ANY TROLLISH POSTS.

lmao

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, seduh said:

The HPDH2 preview number if one of the most impresive ever. It did $43,5 in true midnight, it made $91,2 on Friday really. Avengers $60 is amazing especially since it won´t be as frontloaded as HP, so we might see a $140 OD and a $305 OW $750 domestic total

Deathly Hallows was crazy in all aspects. When the book came out, it came out and midnight and my wife made me go stand in line for an hour to buy the freaking thing. It was actually kind of fun because the line went all the way around the block. A bunch of folks had camped out and were wearing costumes.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

The crossover films now are so big that they break any single human who tries to direct them. They’ll need to find a new duo or just have it be like Coogler+Gunn co-directed or something.

why would either of them want to co-direct an avengers movie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Captain Craig said:

Most likely an estimation based on sold out shows, and near capacity ones, reported via Fandango and similar theater sites taking into account movie cost in said locations.

Exactly. Check out Fandango or whatever and see how many theaters are already sold out around you. If its anything like here, the range is probably surprisingly easy to work out. I mean, if ~80% of all available seats are sold, there isn't a lot of uncertainty.

Edited by Wrath

50 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

People were saying back on TFA's OW thread that nothing would top its OW/Total until the mid-20s at the earliest. Meanwhile, this is the second film to topple its OW and stands a chance at overtaking it domestically. There are always records to fall, and they happen sooner than you expect.

True, but if this reaches €300m+ then the only non Avengers/MCU/Star Wars movie over $200m opening is JW at $208$. Having to find an extra $100m is not going  to be easy. Star Wars biggest is at $247m, so they could in theory do it for their big Skywalker finale. But not sure the hype is big enough to add $50m+. Including Endgame only 7 movies have opened over $200m, to find that extra $100m will be next to impossible, unless you are MCU or start a franchise that builds hype over years like they have done. Feel like this will stand until the next Avengers movie, or the next new hit franchise that makes something crazy unique and their finale movie goes bonkers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

People were saying back on TFA's OW thread that nothing would top its OW/Total until the mid-20s at the earliest. Meanwhile, this is the second film to topple its OW and stands a chance at overtaking it domestically. There are always records to fall, and they happen sooner than you expect.

Which movie do you think can topple EG? For now, I can only think of another Avengers movie in the future.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wrath said:

Deathly Hallows was crazy in all aspects. When the book came out, it came out and midnight and my wife made me go stand in line for an hour to buy the freaking thing. It was actually kind of fun because the line went all the way around the block. A bunch of folks had camped out and were wearing costumes.

What we do for love! 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

I thought The Avengers record from 2012 would stay for a long time, and that total has been beaten what 6 times?

Jurassic World, Avengers 3&4, Star Wars 7&8. But, I don’t see anything beating the OW record of Endgame for 10-15 years. 

itll get broken within 5

23 minutes ago, grim22 said:

@MrPink is threadbanned for 2 days. As a reminder, even tagged spoilers are not allowed in the weekend thread.

16 minutes ago, grim22 said:

@CJohn has been threadbanned for one day for quoting untagged spoilers.

https://i.imgur.com/7BHjYHE.gif

Edited by Biggestgeekever
  • Disbelief 1