Eric the Fall Guy

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

It's hard to say if a movie can top Endgame any time soon, because the slate is so barren. 2021 has only just started adding big movies in, albeit almost entirely just animated movies and DC projects, while 2022 is almost entirely "untitled" movies, outside of Mission: Impossible and Aquaman.

Admittedly, I do feel like a Force Awakens-style Harry Potter sequel could beat Endgame, but that's something WB is probably saving until the late 20s or 30s.

Given how much JK Rowling has been trashing her own reputation, I would say waiting longer is better lmao

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 2

1 minute ago, FlashMaster659 said:

$130 is a real low ball - which is funny b/c that $70m would break the Friday record

3RD UPDATE, FRIDAY AM: One exhibition source says that the amount of business that Avengers: Endgame is doing “is ridiculous”. Off of 9AM shows alone today, big venues like the AMC 25 Empire in NYC is doing $175K, NYC Lincoln Square counts $161K, Regal E-Walk has $78K while the Edwards Irvine is sseeing $145K. Industry estimates are seeing $130M-$140M for today including $60M. “I don’t see how the pic doesn’t get to $300M-plus,” said one rival distribution exec

:insane:

• Like 1
  • Astonished 2

So 130m OD minimum seems pretty damn nice to me. Everything else is beyond amazing.

If it does reach 150m OD as Charlie suggests that would put 350m on the table.

Edited by eXtacy

3 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I be cautious, here in Canada night time shows are pretty much fully booked, walk ups be very small. 

You're right. If you go on the Cineplex website pretty much every theater around me is either almost sold out or just has the bottom Rows left right now. And you're talking about shows for 3 p.m. 4 p.m. and Beyond

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

People were saying back on TFA's OW thread that nothing would top its OW/Total until the mid-20s at the earliest. Meanwhile, this is the second film to topple its OW and stands a chance at overtaking it domestically. There are always records to fall, and they happen sooner than you expect.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rebeccas said:

Given how much JK Rowling has been trashing her own reputation, I would say waiting longer is better lmao

I agree that the next Fantastic Beasts film should wait until 2021, but I don't think J.K. Rowling is the main reason why such a delay needs to occur.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, baumer said:

You're right. If you go on the Cineplex website pretty much every theater around me is either almost sold out or just has the bottom Rows left right now. And you're talking about shows for 3 p.m. 4 p.m. and Beyond

also this is the widest release ever here in Canada by any film really. 

On the high end of DL's 140, that's a 2.33 Preview/OD ratio, which is just above The Last Jedi's ratio. Low end is 2.17, which is slightly above TFA or DH2. I'll look at what that means for the rest of the weekend, but at least it's not as frontloaded as I thought it would be previews to OD (I was expecting something similar to TFA or DH2)

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

It's hard to say if a movie can top Endgame any time soon, because the slate is so barren. 2021 has only just started adding big movies in, albeit almost entirely just animated movies and DC projects, while 2022 is almost entirely "untitled" movies, outside of Mission: Impossible and Aquaman.

Admittedly, I do feel like a Force Awakens-style Harry Potter sequel could beat Endgame, but that's something WB is probably saving until the late 20s or 30s.

I imagine Marvel will be taking things slowly after Endgame, they'll still have big OWs with Captain Marvel 2, Black Panther 2 and Spider-Man: Home from Home but nothing on the scale of IW and Endgame for another 4-5 years

I imagine WB will want Cursed Child or a new Harry Potter film sequel but with the issues of FB, I think they're not going to jump the gun just yet. 

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

People were saying back on TFA's OW thread that nothing would top its OW/Total until the mid-20s at the earliest. Meanwhile, this is the second film to topple its OW and stands a chance at overtaking it domestically. There are always records to fall, and they happen sooner than you expect.

The only way I see TFA's total fall is if it opens to something stupid like $350m and has Infinity War legs still.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

2015 was crazy.

A

SW film did 2.05 (I mean it is almost nothing in one end of world)

FF film did 1.5

JW film did 1.65

and Avengers only 1.4

Come 2019

We are heading for Avengers doing 2.6+

SW9 will be lucky to do half of that

JW:FK & FF8 didn't do even half of that

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I imagine Marvel will be taking things slowly after Endgame, they'll still have big OWs with Captain Marvel 2, Black Panther 2 and Spider-Man: Home from Home but nothing on the scale of IW and Endgame for another 4-5 years

I imagine WB will want Cursed Child or a new Harry Potter film sequel but with the issues of FB, I think they're not going to jump the gun just yet. 

I think a BP2 that lives up to the original has a legit shot at IW OW.

9 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Harry Potter with the original trio will be the next movie with enough hype for a 300M OW.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

Ba why you would need walkup if all show are sold out lol does not mattter  no? D

but maybe some theater will add show to acomodate i don t known