That One Girl

Nightmare Alley | December 17, 2021 (Wide Release) | Searchlight | Directed by Guillermo del Toro and starring Bradley Cooper

12 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

I'm not a violent person, but if I ever get my hands on the person that came up with the idea to put little tiny sizzle reels in front of the trailer, I'm going to go ballistic.  

LMAO. It's to increase its effectiveness as a youtube ad, like if people skip the video after five seconds they could still get the gist of it.

7 minutes ago, Last Man Standing said:

No, it's when showing it as an automatic ad on other videos, they give you an option to skip after five seconds.

I see what you are saying, but that's not what is happening here.  This is un-skippable, and it's just a tiny tease of what I'm literally about to watch.  No Way home did it too!  It's becoming more and more common and I don't get it!  It's so dumb!

1 hour ago, Deep Wang said:

Who in the world is click on a trailer link only stop watching about 5 seconds??

They do not use a different link for those who click than the video of people seeing it without having asked to see it I think, it make for a very jarring experience for the actual clicker, I imagine it help that video perform on youtube recommendation to combine the unwanted view with the explicit one and it is worth worsening the experience for it.

Edited by Barnack

So we have two remakes of highly regarded Classic Films this December: "West Side Story" and "Nightmare Alley".

I am a lot more interested in Nightmare Alley, simply  because Del Toro can include a lot of material from the novel that you could not show on the screen in 1948,

Spoiler? Heh...

Spoiler

The stans of the 1947 version are going to hate this soooo much (even though it's an incredibly seedy and bleak book).

Looked on Searchlight's YouTube and the second trailer has way more views (12.3m) than the first one (7.6m). Better ad placement the second time around or a sign of growing interest?

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl

1 hour ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Looked on Searchlight's YouTube and the second trailer has way more views (12.3m) than the first one (7.6m). Better ad placement the second time around or a sign of growing interest?

Better ad placement. Second trailer has half the like of the first.

Also, reviews coming out. Seems like this will be mixed.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Krissykins said:

80% on Rotten Tomatoes. 

Intrigued only because of Toni Collette tbh. The trailer did nothing for me and I can’t stand Rooney Mara as a person. I actively avoid anything she’s in. 

Why? I'm curious.

Movie is now up to 82%.