movies!movies!

Salem’s Lot | Warner Bros.

Malignant didn't get a trailer until 52 days prior to release. Conjuring 3 was only 43 days before the release. We're currently 72 days away from Salem's Lot. I think it'll make the date, I'm also expecting the trailer before Nope.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, datpepper said:

Malignant didn't get a trailer until 52 days prior to release. Conjuring 3 was only 43 days before the release. We're currently 72 days away from Salem's Lot. I think it'll make the date, I'm also expecting the trailer before Nope.

Those were basically glorified streaming releases though (due to the HBO Max deal). WB is already promoting Don't Worry Darling and Black Adam and both of those are set to open after this is supposed to.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Those were basically glorified streaming releases though (due to the HBO Max deal).

Sure, but plenty of other horror titles have had limited runways as theatrical-exclusive titles. The Invitation, for instance, just had a trailer earlier this week, only 60 days prior to its release date. Old, Forever Purge, Escape Room 2, Resident Evil, and Don't Breathe 2 all had their first trailers released less than 55 days from their openings. I don't think what's happening now is too out-of-the-usual, even for WB.

5 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Disney just moved Barbarian to this date, is Salem’s Lot moving? 

Seems inevitable at this point. Zero marketing materials about 60 days away from its intended release date + another horror movie moving to that spot must mean that word on the street is this is being delayed.

• Like 2

On 7/8/2022 at 8:40 PM, Krissykins said:

Disney just moved Barbarian to this date, is Salem’s Lot moving? 

I knew this was the confirmation.

new release date sucks btw: 3 weeks after Scream, one after Renfield and same weekend as Last Train to New York. 

Edit: they’ve completely undated Last Train To New York now.

Edited by Krissykins

Smells like some Josstice is about to be delivered yet again. You don't kick a horror movie as far as 7 months without a damn good reason for it. The Discovery execs must not have been big fans of what they've been shown. @EmpireCity in particular must be disappointed right now as he seemed pretty high on this movie.

8 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Smells like some Josstice is about to be delivered yet again. You don't kick a horror movie as far as 7 months without a damn good reason for it. The Discovery execs must not have been big fans of what they've been shown. @EmpireCity in particular must be disappointed right now as he seemed pretty high on this movie.

I don’t think a major horror film has ever released November or December and it’s not too often horror movies come out in January or February unless they suck and are being dumped. WB has Aquaman in March so if it can’t make October then basically April’s the only other good option

6 hours ago, Scubasteve716 said:

I don’t think a major horror film has ever released November or December and it’s not too often horror movies come out in January or February unless they suck and are being dumped. WB has Aquaman in March so if it can’t make October then basically April’s the only other good option

January and February have plenty of good horror films. They’re actually two of the most popular months for horror. 

Scream & Scream 2 released in December. Scream 3 in February and Scream (2022) in January.