Eric Prime

Avengers: Endgame Monday Thread (4/29): 36.87M (3rd best Monday ever)

3 minutes ago, JimiQ said:

A-ha! So you are really a resident WB shill and that stuff about SW was just a ruse! :sparta:

WaterloggedRedHamadryad-small.gif

(I'm deeply buried agent here, don't blow my cover)

Edited by Porthos
  • Haha 6

29 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

My forecast with new actual

34.3 (-7%)

24.7 (-28%)

22.4 (-9.3%)

43.4 (+93.8%)

62.9 (+44.9%)

47.2 (-25%)

153.5m 2nd weekend

Decided to bump up my prediction for the Friday jump

Not too bad. Although Saturday Bump is too small, Sunday might be a bit more. Also think Friday is 100% give a take a percent.

Overall really close to mine, good detail

Gimme

165.8 2nd weekend

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

My forecast with new actual

34.3 (-7%)

24.7 (-28%)

22.4 (-9.3%)

43.4 (+93.8%)

62.9 (+44.9%)

47.2 (-25%)

153.5m 2nd weekend

Decided to bump up my prediction for the Friday jump

Right there with you.  I just got there like this:

1st Weekend: 357.12  

Mon 36.9  
  Tue 34.3 (-7%)
  Wed 24.7 (-28%)
  Thu 23.5 (-5%)

Total Weekdays: 119.4  

Fri 44.60 (+80%)
    64.67 (+45%)
    45.27 (-25%)

2nd Weekend: 154.5 (-57%)

Total after 2nd WE: 631.05  

• Like 2

My local theaters arent selling nearly as well today as they were yesterday. Yesterday all shows were either sold out or almost full (less then 10 seats left), today, most of the morning shows have all passed without even almost selling out. The later shows are doing much better, but it didn't have the same amount of early morning business as it did yesterday, at least not here in my neck of the woods.

• Like 1

When a movie opens to 357 million flipping dollars with 200 million dollar second weekend forecasting, how does this beast not make 1 billion domestic? I have people at work who usually wait rushing to see this cause everyone's talking about it. They showed me their seating and the IMAX shows were already basically sold out. 

I'm being serious. It's going to be near 700 million dollars at the end of Sunday. How does this not make another 236-300 million with this obscene of a pace? #1 Domestic and 1st unadjusted billion grosser here we come.

Edited by jaybox
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, jaybox said:

When a movie opens to 357 million flipping dollars with 200 million dollar second weekend forecasting, how does this beast not make 1 billion domestic? I have people at work who usually wait rushing to see this cause everyone's talking about it. They showed me their seating and the IMAX shows were already basically sold out. 

I'm being serious. It's going to be near 700 million dollars at the end of Sunday. How does this not make another 236-300 million with this obscene of a pace? #1 Domestic and 1st unadjusted billion grosser here we come.

Yeah $1bn dom  is going to happen as is $3bn WW.

6 minutes ago, jaybox said:

Well if it gets 200m 2nd weekend it definitely would pass TFA and probably 1 billion.

The issue is it is very unlikely to go anywhere near that high.

Could go as low as 140m this weekend, I see best case around 170m. To fairly project a drop you need to remove the 60m previews, so drop off of 297.7 mil. I think it drops 50% off of that, but would not be shocked if that drop is in the 40s. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlashMaster659 said:

Didn't check early shows but the afternoon 3D shows I said were sparsely filled have made pretty good progress. Rest of 2D shows today are near-sellouts with the exception of the 12:00 AM Dolby show which also looks to be making some nice progress.

And now they’re getting close to selling out :lol:

• Like 1