Eric Duncan

Avengers: Endgame Monday Thread (4/29): 36.87M (3rd best Monday ever)

2 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

For what it's worth, that twitter we were referencing over the weekend (which, I assume, gets numbers fro Rentrack or Comscore) put out this:

Compared to a similar time on Sunday

That's a 61% drop in business.

Monday business will be far more shifted towards the evening than Sunday 

• Like 1

Obviously this is amazing.  However, Infinity War had a better Monday drop than the Avengers, so I'm not sold on this being reflective of legs.  OTOH, this would be a significantly better Monday drop.

Endgame: 58-55.7%

Infinity War: 64.3%

The Avengers: 66.9%

AoU: 73.7%

GotG2: 74.8%

Still, its pretty clear that the Monday drop has a lot more to do with spillover than long term multi, so we should probably see how it plays out over the week.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, IceFire9yt said:

Obviously this is amazing.  However, Infinity War had a better Monday drop than the Avengers, so I'm not sold on this being reflective of legs.  OTOH, this would be a significantly better Monday drop.

Endgame: 58-55.7%

Infinity War: 64.3%

The Avengers: 66.9%

AoU: 73.7%

GotG2: 74.8%

Still, its pretty clear that the Monday drop has a lot more to do with spillover than long term multi, so we should probably see how it plays out over the week.

Stop being reasonable. 1.2B DOM locked!

• Haha 3

Just now, Charlie Jatinder said:

I am being conservative here, assuming there were a lot of pre-sales. Using the usual ratio from Sunday to Monday, it would be 40-43mn and surprisingly, this film is playing close to latter so far.

But the safe number is 38-40.

"conservative"

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I am being conservative here, assuming there were a lot of pre-sales. Using the usual ratio from Sunday to Monday, it would be 40-43mn and surprisingly, this film is playing close to latter so far.

If this beats the monday record on a normal monday...

• Like 1
  • Astonished 5

7 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I will be happy with anything above 35M.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1