sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday Estimates: Pika pi! 20.7m, Assemble! 16.1m, Anne Hathaway! 4m, Cheerleaders: Endgame 1.5m, LotR: Origins 825k

50 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Has Marvel offered any clues or anyone else any clues about a potential next Avengers film? I mean I would assume you can still have another future Avengers just without a few of the current characters, but new ones would come along or current ones take a bigger role.

Maybe they let it cool down for 4-5 years?

No clues, nothing official. The only "sure" things (again, not really official) are Black widow solo movie, the eternals, Shang-chi and Black panther 2. Maybe even cpt Marvel 2. Next avengers will be imho smaller (new avengers?) and then A6 will blow everything up with Avengers vs X-men or Secret wars

• Like 1

I don't see why Pikachu wouldn't reach high 50s or even low 60s with a 20M Friday.  That's the same number as Shazam! and I have my doubts on Pikachu decreasing on Saturday like Shazam! did.  It should also have a better Sunday drop because of Mother's Day.

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 3

Just now, Minnale101 said:

Did you not get proven wrong yesterday about the inside out numbers. 

:WHATanabe:

This was thursday of IO release. It was already at 31%. Plus I linked to KJ thread having thursday timestamp. Kiddo I was tracking IO and JW on that day. I am done with you. Adding you to ignore list.

14 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I don't see why Pikachu wouldn't reach high 50s or even low 60s with a 20M Friday.  That's the same number as Shazam! and I have my doubts on Pikachu decreasing on Saturday like Shazam! did.  It should also have a better Sunday drop because of Mother's Day.

it grossed 14.3m on friday. 5.7m was grossed on thursday. You have been following BO for a long time. What do you see its saturday for it to hit low 60s?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

it grossed 14.3m on friday. 5.7m was grossed on thursday. You have been following BO for a long time. What do you see its saturday for it to hit low 60s?

I think it's entirely possible that Pikachu ends up playing as a combination of both a fanboy-driven property (leading to the inflated preview number/lower than expected Friday number) and a family movie.  Taking HTTYD 3's increase, for instance, gets Pikachu to 22.2M Saturday, and a -20% drop for Sunday or so gets it to 60M.  This is obviously a best case scenario where everything for it goes right, but I don't think it's impossible.

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, JimiQ said:

No clues, nothing official. The only "sure" things (again, not really official) are Black widow solo movie, the eternals, Shang-chi and Black panther 2. Maybe even cpt Marvel 2. Next avengers will be imho smaller (new avengers?) and then A6 will blow everything up with Avengers vs X-men or Secret wars

Oh my god lol just picturing Avengers and X-Men gives me a nerdgasm. Marvel was my first love when I was maybe 8 or 9, I actually just sold most of my comic / card collection this year (my dad made me take it out of his attic ha ha!). I found a signed Stan Lee card, the only item I held onto! Stan Lee was such a great guy, a creative genius, I could never sell that. He has given so much to the world and stoked our imaginations. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I think it's entirely possible that Pikachu ends up playing as a combination of both a fanboy-driven property (leading to the inflated preview number/lower than expected Friday number) and a family movie.  Taking HTTYD 3's increase, for instance, gets Pikachu to 22.2M Saturday, and a -20% drop for Sunday or so gets it to 60M.  This is obviously a best case scenario where everything for it goes right, but I don't think it's impossible.

Ok. Let us wait until tomorrow's numbers.

Hm, I wonder if Pikapika will end up with Alita numbers. Gonna see it today, if I end up loving it too it's gonna bum me out. But I'm only expecting to like it.

This movie has a lot going for it, if this can't make it then it's pretty depressing (Oh Sonic, you are so f*cked...).

Edited by WhiteWings

1 hour ago, Moviefanatic said:

33 points in the 2nd half with 23 coming in the last 9:43 minutes. Ass indeed 

Straight up... When they couldn't win the 4th quarter in Game 5, it was over... Bucks or Raptors always had the best chance.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

7 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

It seems like nitpicking to me. She is sitting next to one of the funniest dudes in the world and she is about to have her breakout released. Give her a break.

Yeh maybe if you watched a... clip. The show was an hour long and she did not let up. Not saying she’s a horrible person lol, but she was very irritating throughout. 

7 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Nitpicking actresses for silly interviews is pure misogynistic bullcrap.

I’m pretty sure you already know that I’m not a misogynist. She was trending with people saying how annoying she was. Not that she shouldn’t be on, or have a huge film etc. 

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1