Cooper Legion

Disney+ MCU: The Falcon & The Winter Soldier | Featuring Captain Ughmerica and Battlestar Galactica

It reminds me about how Steve had to suffer through Tony’s not-planning in Avengers 1, but also about ‘The Odd Couple’

Then the therapists of the Lethal Weapons movie series

And then even more so about characters out of book series, where the not 100% behaving (btw there in part way worse) brothers in arms end also with ‘retraining’ or before the bosses for stern talking to’s from time to time, similar intensity/not-mature reasons, but probably less extreme shown on a screen?

Edited by terrestrial
2 typos

37 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Not sure if these needs to be under a spoiler warning since it's more just a rumor technically, but the events under the spoiler tag lead credence to it...

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Rumor is the Royal family will appear in Ms. Marvel so it's certainly possible. Kamala is an Inhuman so they will have to introduce it soon anyway. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, terrestrial said:

MCU or MCU fans?

The studio. They made him a major antagonist for 2 captain america sequels and now he has his own tv show. I'd say he's punching above his weight but I suppose it'd be silly to question Marvel's instincts by now...

46 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

The studio. They made him a major antagonist for 2 captain america sequels and now he has his own tv show. I'd say he's punching above his weight but I suppose it'd be silly to question Marvel's instincts by now...

in my POV he is not the major antagonist, as not acting under his own control in the movies.

A tool that has to adjust to a lot, see CA had to adjust time area wise, but also what was done to him, what he did, and what it caused. Nearly nothing of what he thinks about it, his POV,... was shown in the movies

Established with lots of room to develop, as the screen time in the movies was focused on him being a tool, and otherwise also didn’t really showed/told what I’d call depths, development,... of the character. It was about the rift between the Avengers, their POV about him / his guilt, BP’s too, but not really his side.

Even in this series he is a part of a titled duo ‘only’, looks like a few others already introduced will appear too, so it remains to be seen what they’ll do with the character.

Maybe they see the potential of stories to be told, maybe less obsession and more potential story material they’ll need to fill up Disney+ offers for teens/YA, and childless adults too?

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hatebox said:

The MCU's relentless obsession with the bucky character is fascinating.

The MCU... doesn’t have a relentless obsession with Bucky? He’s Steve Rogers best friend, so he’s had a  supporting role in the 3 captain America solo movies, some small screentime in a couple Avengers, and now a D+ show. Same as Rhodey, Tony’s best friend, having IM1+IM2+IM3+a little avengers time+a D+ show. Or Loki (biggest Thor supporting character) — Thor1, Thor2, Thor3, some Avengers, a D+ show. 

• Like 7

‘The Falcon And The Winter Soldier’ Super Bowl Spot Smashes Online Viewing Record For A Streaming Series

The series which reteams Anthony Mackie, Sebastian Stan, and Daniel Bruhl from the Avengers-verse drew 125M views (that’s from its spot and trailer traffic combined) in the 24 hours following the big game. This is according to social media analytic sources.

Not only is that figure a record for a streaming series trailer, but it squashes a number of other trailer viewing titles as well, i.e. last year’s Black Widow Super Bowl Spot which drew 119M in its first 24 hours, as well as WandaVision‘s 53M in the 24 hours following its airing on last September’s Primetime Emmys (the previous trailer record-holder for a streaming series).

Falcon and the Winter Soldier‘s 24 hour views also bested that of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (111M views online following its drop at 2019 Star Wars Celebration), as well as Captain Marvel from a strictly digital to digital breakdown (38.3M vs. 20.5M).

https://deadline.com/2021/02/the-falcon-and-the-winter-soldier-marvel-super-bowl-ad-record-views-1234690914/

Edited by VenomXXR
  • Like 6
  • Astonished 1

17 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

‘The Falcon And The Winter Soldier’ Super Bowl Spot Smashes Online Viewing Record For A Streaming Series

The series which reteams Anthony Mackie, Sebastian Stan, and Daniel Bruhl from the Avengers-verse drew 125M views (that’s from its spot and trailer traffic combined) in the 24 hours following the big game. This is according to social media analytic sources.

Not only is that figure a record for a streaming series trailer, but it squashes a number of other trailer viewing titles as well, i.e. last year’s Black Widow Super Bowl Spot which drew 119M in its first 24 hours, as well as WandaVision‘s 53M in the 24 hours following its airing on last September’s Primetime Emmys (the previous trailer record-holder for a streaming series).

Falcon and the Winter Soldier‘s 24 hour views also bested that of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (111M views online following its drop at 2019 Star Wars Celebration), as well as Captain Marvel from a strictly digital to digital breakdown (38.3M vs. 20.5M).

https://deadline.com/2021/02/the-falcon-and-the-winter-soldier-marvel-super-bowl-ad-record-views-1234690914/

And in there we finally got the BW number, lol. 119 is good, wonder why it wasn't announced. The number for this show seems huge, although I'm not sure exactly how they're combining the spot and the trailer.

I didn't expect that tbh. Feels like out of the MCU shows so far the other two had more hype, but I'm happy of course because this is the show I'm most looking forward to. I did think the trailer on YT was doing well compared to the previous one but wasn't fully sure. 

Glad to see people are looking forward to it. 😊

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VenomXXR said:

Reminder this is not by Marvel but some other third party.

Don't know how they are claiming 125M because You Tube is only ~13M so far while Twitter is only 6M. Facebook main post has 4.8M while others will be around 2-3M.

I don't think views will be 30M plus in 24 Hours, let alone 125M.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jatvision said:

Don't know how they are claiming 125M because You Tube is only ~13M so far while Twitter is only 6M. Facebook main post has 4.8M while others will be around 2-3M.

Yeah it seems fishy to me. The view count seems below WandaVision everywhere. Probably has something to do with measuring viewership of the spot itself in the Super Bowl. 

Edited by Menor

5 minutes ago, jatvision said:

This is for the trailer plus the Super Bowl spot, so I think they included people who were watching the Super Bowl live or streamed it in a channel with commercials.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I think this show will be the most accessible to casuals though I personally think the biggest MCU show will be Loki. 

Agreed, Loki is super popular and that trailer was amazing. Like, I've always been very much looking forward to it and had my hopes high and it still destroyed my expectations. Dat music alone.

• Like 1