Legion Again

Disney+ MCU: The Falcon & The Winter Soldier | Featuring Captain Ughmerica and Battlestar Galactica

42.x minutes w/o credits (not sure if to include the titles at the beginning?)

Spoiler

Opening sequence is big for a TV-series, as an opening would be even big for a movie

Would have loved to have gotten a bit more Bucky at least in contact with Sam, like him starting to text or whatever, will have to wait how they‘ll reconnect

not listed at IMDb actors out of the featured cast names list

Spoiler

Danny Ramirez (as Joaquin Torres)

Character’s name not listed at IMDb ot of the featured names list

Spoiler

Erin Kellyman plays Karli Morgenthau

and @Cap ‘s ‘most beloved’ character (sarcastic)

is played by

Spoiler

Vince Pesani

Beside that, IMDb’s cast list for episode 1 seems to be a bit strange

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:
  Hide contents

2. In real world, that won't be happening. A bank will give a loan to an Avengers in a snap. Letting an Avenger go like that is just a bad bad business. Hence artificial. Just their to fill the runtime.

Sometimes I am forgetting how optimistic young people can be

The US kicked out of the country someone who grew up in the US, never knew anything else, is a highly decorated Seal, a hero,... but as he was in the country illegally per his parents, that didn’t count, despite lots of colleagues trying to speak up for him.

People of color getting no loan or to worse conditions is still a daily occurrence.

An example, black owned long existing stores, companies,... did get in part no emergency loans see COVID, white owners with less good finances, less long standings in the same region did get them. There was additional reason the banks should have given those, including administrative guarantees. Same counts for PPP loans, the condition given for them were worded in a way it wont reach more of the colored owners, than the white owners for eg employees counts and so on,

Home buyers:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alyyale/2018/05/07/mortgage-loan-denials-more-common-with-minorities-new-report-shows/

(I guess @Cap can give more actual numbers about that)

There are literally thousands of examples yo find in the Internet

• Like 9

I think this show actually deals with real word specially it's so relevant I can't even imagine.

And yes 

Spoiler

that loan scene was super important. Never forget that Sam is not a white male and this is why we have this alt-right Captain America in the first place. 

• Like 3

Fantastic first episode

Spoiler

Firstly off the back we get Batroc in a great action scene with Falcon but more importantly I loved how it delved into the current lives of Sam and Bucky. Sam especially it's cool to see a hero who has to deal with problems such as lack of money and relationships with his family. Bucky too they haven't really explored his psyche post-Winter Soldier so really great seeing him have that burden.

If their goal was to make me dislike US Agent right away then congrats mission accomplished.

Also nice to hear Henry Jackman bring back many of the themes be used in Winter Soldier making this series feel even more a part of the Russo Brothers' Cap films 

• Like 6

Also , I was right. This seems like a really good show but to reach Wandavision level of curiosity and cultural zeitgeist  it will need something incredible/shocking to happen.  People need a hook for them to come every week. Let's see. 

Twitter is doing really good but yt activity is comparatively low.( maybe due to its simple nature ??)

Edited by Madhuvan
  • Like 1

IMDb sorted their mess in the casting list of the first episode, now the not appearing in episode 1

Spoiler

German prison guards

are out, and the 30 named in the casting list in the credits actors are all in (and one more)

Edited by terrestrial
typo, 30 not 20

5 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

question to americans.

does having stuff drop an hour early feel early or you just adjust to clock. may be not right choice of words, but I am trying to say is, midnight is actually one hour earlier than what it used to be just two weeks ago for WV.

For Americans it’s dropping at the same time. Only hour different for rest of you ;) 

• Like 1

That was really an excellent start. Keep this up and it will certainly be top-tier MCU for me. 

Spoiler

Re: the discussion about the loan scene. Personally I thought it was great. Shows that even with Sam being an Avenger he still isn't able to just snap his fingers and make all problems go away. Loved the theme of legacy throughout with Sam not wanting to give up the boat, but at the same time walking away from the legacy of Cap. Of course this new Cap (US Agent I guess) must be up to no good. 

Bucky's story was also better than I expected from the trailer, was kinda heartbreaking to realize that he was the one who killed his friend's son. I guess that's why he even talks to that guy in the first place, out of guilt? Or did he not know before this episode. It seemed that his son was the guy in the flashback so I guess he probably already knew. 

Opening action scene was awesome, I'm a sucker for these flying scenes and this one had really good progression of obstacles. Great to see Batroc again.

Flag Smashers seem intriguing so far, but need to see more. I guess they are maybe some kinda front for Zemo's anti-hero operation. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 5

19 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

For Americans it’s dropping at the same time. Only hour different for rest of you ;) 

I take it as "you adjust to clock".

In India we don't change the time but rather change what we do on what time as per season, so in Summer everything gets early and Winter everything's bit late.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Menor said:

That was really an excellent start. Keep this up and it will certainly be top-tier MCU for me. 

Hide contents

Re: the discussion about the loan scene. Personally I thought it was great. Shows that even with Sam being an Avenger he still isn't able to just snap his fingers and make all problems go away. Loved the theme of legacy throughout with Sam not wanting to give up the boat, but at the same time walking away from the legacy of Cap. Of course this new Cap (US Agent I guess) must be up to no good. 

Bucky's story was also better than I expected from the trailer, was kinda heartbreaking to realize that he was the one who killed his friend's son. I guess that's why he even talks to that guy in the first place, out of guilt? Or did he not know before this episode. It seemed that his son was the guy in the flashback so I guess he probably already knew. 

Opening action scene was awesome, I'm a sucker for these flying scenes and this one had really good progression of obstacles. Great to see Batroc again.

Flag Smashers seem intriguing so far, but need to see more. I guess they are maybe some kinda front for Zemo's anti-hero operation. 

Spoiler

Presumably he connected with the old guy as part of the make amends thing.

• Like 1

eh

Spoiler

This episode was okay. My main positive is that this show feels like money well spent (granted it's episode 1) and every production piece, action sequence and CGI was done very well. It looked polished and clean which is great, whereas WandaVision towards the end started looking really choppy.

I just wish the show defined Sam Wilson a bit more for the audience - he was always very generic in this movies and that carries across here. I still don't really know what his personality is or what makes him worthwhile as a protagonist for us to follow, but I'm sure that will change as we progress through the show. 

Bucky's story was pretty intriguing. Also, love that we get some Asian representation for once in the MCU! 

The US Agent thing I've known since the show started filming (via set leaks) so the final "reveal" was lackluster for me as well, but I guess that's my fault as Marvel has done a great job at really not showing much of the story at all in trailers.

The episode felt a little slow, and some scenes dragged on for a bit too long - they needed to trim the episode a bit. It was a long episode but I don't feel like that much happened. Sometimes less is more. 

I also hope the future episodes are more episodic and not feel like they're just stretching one story across six episodes... each episode need to stand on its own cohesively to make each episode a more satisfying viewing experience. 

Anyway, I'm hopeful for the next few episodes :)

Edited by Wormow

3 hours ago, Madhuvan said:

Also , I was right. This seems like a really good show but to reach Wandavision level of curiosity and cultural zeitgeist  it will need something incredible/shocking to happen.  People need a hook for them to come every week. Let's see. 

Twitter is doing really good but yt activity is comparatively low.( maybe due to its simple nature ??)

I don't think it will reach the "buzz" level of the later WV episodes. The theorizing got out of control there. As long is it continues to maintain a high level of quality and it completes these arcs that the first episode set up, that will be enough for me. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, Menor said:

I don't think it will reach the "buzz" level of the later WV episodes. The theorizing got out of control there. As long is it continues to maintain a high level of quality and it completes these arcs that the first episode set up, that will be enough for me. 

I think this series will be a lot less mystery box than WV. Which is a good thing.

• Like 6

Spoiler

I must have watched the opening action scene 3 or 4 times by now, it's instantly one of my favorites in the MCU. Flying fights in general are so exhilarating and this one was really well done. I hope we get a lot more Falcon action in this series. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 4