Legion Again

Disney+ MCU: The Falcon & The Winter Soldier | Featuring Captain Ughmerica and Battlestar Galactica

Wow, the show pushes the boundaries of the superhero genre by imitating generic network dramas. At least the character work here is still more clearly defined than Wandavision.

Spoiler

That scene with the therapist might have the most cuts I've ever seen in a scene that involves two characters.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Tired Good Night GIF

Hide contents

Only good thing about it was Yori and Buck scenes. Looking forward to that but that's not a big deal tho. The therapist however was fucking awful. Buck should just go to Wakanda and live his life. Rest all was lame.

The opening sequence was generic CGI stuff. I was wishing it to be some flashback from Sam's pre Winter Soldier life, but naah. Why is an Avenger working for United States Air force. These things might have worked in 2000s super hero films, not now.

The financial complication of Wilson's family are of no interest and feels artificial.

And govt continues be worst thing about MCU. New Captain America. The FUCK.

Also Also should have avoided Buck and that girl date thing.

Honestly, everything you’ve pointed out as a negative there are things that I loved 😂 Just goes to show how people can interpret things so differently. 

I really enjoyed this, I liked seeing the grounded takes of what their personal lives are like and how it’s not all sunshine and rainbows for superheroes in their normal lives. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

Honestly, everything you’ve pointed out as a negative there are things that I loved 😂 Just goes to show how people can interpret things so differently. 

I really enjoyed this, I liked seeing the grounded takes of what their personal lives are like and how it’s not all sunshine and rainbows for superheroes in their normal lives. 

Chalo nvm. I am happy for Marvel if people do end up liking this. Would have loved more if Iiked it.

But I can make peace with everyone else liking it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric #TeamKong said:

This was good. It's clear the Sam stuff will be way more interesting than the Bucky stuff, but I dug the lowkey aspects of the show so far and I like the whole legacy theme they're seemingly building up to

That was... definitely not clear.     

I mean, I’m sure for some people it will be. 

39 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Chalo nvm. I am happy for Marvel if people do end up liking this. Would have loved more if Iiked it.

But I can make peace with everyone else liking it.

Sorry I wasn’t having a dig at you or anything there, apologies if it came across that way. I can understand your viewpoint on the show, I was just saying how it’s interesting how two people can have polar opposite reactions to the same scenes.

I hope the show picks up for you, but if it doesn’t I’d still be interested in your opinion, it’s part of the fun in discussing it each week.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

Sorry I wasn’t having a dig at you or anything there, apologies if it came across that way. I can understand your viewpoint on the show, I was just saying how it’s interesting how two people can have polar opposite reactions to the same scenes.

Oh no, I wasn't mad or anything. Not sure how that come off as that. I totally understand and agree what you said in earlier and this post.

Let's hope it picks up for me. Its no fun in not liking the thing from thing you love.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

That was... definitely not clear.     

I mean, I’m sure for some people it will be. 

I...think it's pretty clear I'm talking about my subjective and personal thoughts on the program and that my subjective and personal thoughts, that being I personally, subjectively think Sam's stuff will clearly be more interesting than Bucky's stuff, do not apply to every single person in the world.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Eric #TeamKong said:

I...think it's pretty clear I'm talking about my subjective and personal thoughts on the program and that my subjective and personal thoughts, that being I personally, subjectively think Sam's stuff will clearly be more interesting than Bucky's stuff, do not apply to every single person in the world.

Original comment didn’t really sound that way to me, but glad we cleared that up then :) 

Rewatched it.

Spoiler

The opening action remained bad and was a hard 10 minutes to watch.

Rhodes cameo still felt out of place and therapist remained awful person, still want Buck to move to Wakanda as he himself mentioned how he was in calm there.

Sam's sister is really bad actor man. Everything she says come out fake.

Now that I have irked many of you. Let me mention what got better.

Buck part got better minus therapist. I still wish/hope the dating thing is avoided.  Loan part didn't came as too bad, and I mean yeah banks can't do any better than that if you say any normal person go there. BUT and a big BUT. Sam Wilson is an Avenger. Banks will be lining up for helping him.

Regarding new Captain America thing, if there wasn't same guy saying Sam, "it was good thing he did returning Shield" I really wouldn't had problem with govt announcing new Captain America. After all Steve was also "named" by government. BUT.

Steve wasn't just a clown to act Captain America. Actually he was but he was also a Super Soldier, which clearly this guy isn't.  

In conclusion, not as disappointed as was in first watch, perhaps result of dust settling. Hopefully future episode do offer something and not just act as reaffirming something which was already sort of affirmed in Endgame.

Spoiler

Sam is new Captain America reclaiming the Shield.

What I want for future episode. Give me a good opposition, not just one off some random body with no real personality.

Spoiler

Also I wonder if Zemo isn't bad guy of this and just one of Buck's ammend. He has Zemo name in his list. On that note, Buck didn't do anything to Zemo. Why and what is he ammending.

Even if he is. how are they gonna explain Zemo being a free guy after the event of Civil War.

Now that I have typed this, yeah he probably is the bad guy again. 🙄

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Rewatched it.

Hide contents

Rhodes cameo still felt out of place and therapist remained awful person, still want Buck to move to Wakanda as he himself mentioned how he was in calm there.

Buck part got better minus therapist. I still wish/hope the dating thing is avoided.  Loan part didn't came as too bad, and I mean yeah banks can't do any better than that if you say any normal person go there. BUT and a big BUT. Sam Wilson is an Avenger. Banks will be lining up for helping him.

Regarding new Captain America thing, if there wasn't same guy saying Sam, "it was good thing he did returning Shield" I really wouldn't had problem with govt announcing new Captain America. After all Steve was also "named" by government. BUT.

Steve wasn't just a clown to act Captain America. Actually he was but he was also a Super Soldier, which clearly this guy isn't.  

In conclusion, not as disappointed as was in first watch, perhaps result of dust settling. Hopefully future episode do offer something and not just act as reaffirming something which was already sort of affirmed in Endgame.

Hide contents

What I want for future episode. Give me a good opposition, not just one off some random body with no real personality.

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I assume Bucky's "amends" are not just those he has wronged but also those who have wronged him. Zemo would be on there because he had put Bucky into the Winter Soldier state in Civil War. 

5 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Rewatched it.

Hide contents

Hide contents

Hide contents

Also I wonder if Zemo isn't bad guy of this and just one of Buck's ammend. He has Zemo name in his list. On that note, Buck didn't do anything to Zemo. Why and what is he ammending.

Even if he is. how are they gonna explain Zemo being a free guy after the event of Civil War.

Now that I have typed this, yeah he probably is the bad guy again. 🙄

Spoiler

Zemo probably escaped prison during the 5-year period. Half of the world vanishing probably meant a lot of prison escapes happened.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

Hide contents

Zemo probably escaped prison during the 5-year period. Half of the world vanishing probably meant a lot of prison escapes happened.

Spoiler

Wouldn’t he just respawn in his old prison cell though if he was dusted? Probably quite awkward if they’d put anyone else in that cell...

I think we’ll actually see his escape though, I’m betting on the Flag Smashers enabling it somehow.

43 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I think he meant like prison official would have dusted allowing many prisoner to escape. And its not like 50% of prison official would have vanished every prison. Some may have say 60%, 70% or even all official vanish.

• Like 3

Spoiler

Also if you get dusted while in prison, and then prison is closed down in 5 years (say, transfer remaining half to consolidate with some other prison and demolish it) then when you undust you will be free.

• Like 1