JGAR4LIFE

***SPOILERS*** GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS****SPOILERS THREAD***BE WARNED***SPOILERS THREAD*** | SPOILER WARNING

34 minutes ago, cookie said:

MVPs - Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, King Ghidorah, Ken Watanabe

Okay - Most of everyone else

Wasted - Charles Dance, Thomas Middleditch, Sally Hawkins (took me a while to even realize she died)

And the Razzie goes to - Bradley Whitford

at least Charles Dance will (presumably) be back in Godzilla v King Kong.

one positive thing I will say is some of the photography was excllent like when they find Mothra and when they nuke Godzilla.  looked like artwork. most of the film looked bad tho and in action scenes the camera was trembling so much it was impossible to stay focused.

But there are some pretty scenes.

Just now, Not really said:

Can we talk about how Kong is one of the Titans that listened to Ghidorah's command but probably spent the whole movie swimming to the mainland and then going back after Ghidorah dies?

According to the Novel he actually was going to go help Godzilla, but Ghidorah woke up a bunch of Skullcrawlers.

2 minutes ago, Mulder said:

According to the Novel he actually was going to go help Godzilla, but Ghidorah woke up a bunch of Skullcrawlers.

Huh, that's something one wouldn't find out just by watching the movie. It's interesting to see which Titans are 'immune' to Ghidorah. We have 2 confirmed, plus Kong based on this, and I like to think Rodan would've been included in this list. 

Huh, that's something one wouldn't find out just by watching the movie. It's interesting to see which Titans are 'immune' to Ghidorah. We have 2 confirmed, plus Kong based on this, and I like to think Rodan would've been included in this list. 

With Rodan it was more that KG kicked his ass horribly and more bent him into submission then anything else.

9 minutes ago, Mulder said:

With Rodan it was more that KG kicked his ass horribly and more bent him into submission then anything else.

Yeah, that's how I like to interpret his behavior. The personality of each Kaiju is fascinating. My personal favorite interaction is when Godzilla looks at Rodan and was like "She's dead because of you, you bastard" and Rodan just has nothing to say to that. 

19 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Looking forward to Kong throwing down with Godzilla. Assume he's even bigger than he was in Skull Island.

Well he has to since otherwise Godzilla would just need to stomp on him once and thats it lol

Edited by Brainbug
  • Haha 1

Just now, Brainbug said:

The scene where Mothra dies and her energy goes into Godzilla was flat-out from GMK

Ikr? They also say a line from GMK earlier in the movie (About if rocks could talk).

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

The scene where Mothra dies and her energy goes into Godzilla was flat-out from GMK

Related to that, I like how the sound of Burning Godzilla's nuclear pulse is basically Mothra's screech. Even the shape of the pulse vaguely looks like a winged insect. 

• Like 1

Related to that, I like how the sound of Burning Godzilla's nuclear pulse is basically Mothra's screech. Even the shape of the pulse vaguely looks like a winged insect. 

It's flat out Mothra's screech and her visage which is an amazing detail.

• Like 2