JGAR4LIFE

***SPOILERS*** GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS****SPOILERS THREAD***BE WARNED***SPOILERS THREAD*** | SPOILER WARNING

Just now, Eli said:

How does mothra enter the battle of Boston and how does she beat Rodan

You see her light show up in the sky. She then charges at Ghidorah and webs two of his heads to a building. She beats Rodan by stabbing him in the chest, approximately where his heart would be if he was a human being. 

Just now, Eli said:

Finally, are any of the fights cut off like 2014 because that would drain the hype mostly

There's a moment in the movie where Rodan fights Ghidorah, but only a few shots of that were shown. We instead get a scene where an evacuation plane/helicopter gets loaded into the Argo. 

Besides that, there are no fights that were cut off.

I'm thinking of going to see this, would I enjoy it if I haven't seen any Godzilla movies/don't really know anything about the franchise? I do usually like action and monster smashing a la Pacific Rim but there's apparently some complaints that there wasn't enough of that in GKOM.

MVPs - Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, King Ghidorah, Ken Watanabe

Okay - Most of everyone else

Wasted - Charles Dance, Thomas Middleditch, Sally Hawkins (took me a while to even realize she died)

And the Razzie goes to - Bradley Whitford

Edited by cookie

The best American Kaiju movie by far and probably my new favourite movie of all time.

Its everything i hoped for. Godzilla gets tons of screentime and hes AWESOME. King Ghidorah gets tons of screentime and hes AWESOME. Mothra and Rodan get a bit less screentime, but they're also AWESOME.

The music is godlike, especially the variations of the classic themes. The action and effects are spectacular and even though most of it is rainy and at night, you can still see everything. Its dark, but not the kind of G14 or DH2 kind of dark.

The humans are very much finde. The drama is servicable and typical for a Kaiju/Monster film. I was actually invested in those characters, they werent bland at all. The actors do a fine job and seem to be having a hamm blast with this.

All in all: Fucking awesome, best movie ever, the critics are wrong.

6 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Idk how you missed it, it's literally a big scene.

everything in the last battle was pretty difficult to follow, not clear which monster is which necessarily. like the pterodactyl type monster that appeared at the end, is that Rodan? or is it another one. I cant tell.

cheaping out on animation costs by making everything pitch black does not help it.

Also that battle was pretty boring so it may just be me not paying attention, but i didnt fall asleep so think it's more the films fault for not engaging me.

Edited by Avatree

1 minute ago, Avatree said:

everything in the last battle was pretty difficult to follow, not clear which monster is which necessarily. cheaping out on animation costs by making everything pitch black does not make a goood thing for the film.

Also that battle was pretty boring so it may just be me not paying attention, but i didnt fall asleep so think it's more the films fault for not engaging me.

61CNasoFQrL._SX425_.jpg

61NGZTs4hIL._SX425_.jpg

DwpPbjwVYAA7d7O.jpg

Rodan4.jpg

Yes, identical.

7 hours ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

One way they could’ve fixed the human plot somewhat: show the kid dying in the beginning. Would’ve helped out Kyle Chandler and Vera Farmigas characters and their motivations.

Agreed, it took me quite some time before I realised that. I know it might have seemed hamfisted to show it but the way they did it, it just went way over my head that they had a dead child killed by godzilla.

4 minutes ago, Mulder said:

61CNasoFQrL._SX425_.jpg

61NGZTs4hIL._SX425_.jpg

DwpPbjwVYAA7d7O.jpg

Rodan4.jpg

Yes, identical.

might be really obvious to fans like you but I am just saying from my own perspective. someone who has only heard of Godzilla. when it's dark and you are only seeing certain parts of the monsters, it's not always easy to tell which is which. 

Just now, Avatree said:

might be really obvious to fans like you but I am just saying from my own perspective. someone who has only heard of Godzilla. when it's dark and you are only seeing certain parts of the monsters, it's not always easy to tell which is which. 

Except having seen the movie, it's not that dark. Maybe it's just more clear in TruIMAX or something then because I made out everything perfectly. Not to mention the only parts that really look similar are Rodan's wings and Ghidorah's wings...which wouldn't come into play during that scene where Mothra dies at all.

• Like 2