sfran43

Monday Numbers: #1 Aladdin $4.70M | Godzilla KOTM $3.85M | Rocketman $2.37M | MA $1.67M | JW3 $1.29M

29 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

65.5% drop. Good?

Very average. Seems to be the average of all drops of that same type in the past 8 years or so:

Solo: 66.9%

POTC5: 62.8%

XM-Apoc: 64.5%

Tomorrowland: 70.9%

XM: DOFP: 66.1%

FF6: 71.4%

MIB3: 65.1 %

However, Aladdin's numbers have been bigger than any of these so that drop, along with the already bigger numbers, is really good.

Should do around $18 million mid-week and around $24 million on the weekend.

$280 million looks good for Aladdin. Maybe $290 million. Not so sure about $300 million.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Very average. Seems to be the average of all drops of that same type in the past 8 years or so:

Solo: 66.9%

POTC5: 62.8%

XM-Apoc: 64.5%

Tomorrowland: 70.9%

XM: DOFP: 66.1%

FF6: 71.4%

MIB3: 65.1 %

However, Aladdin's numbers have been bigger than any of these so that drop, along with the already bigger numbers, is really good.

Should do around $18 million mid-week and around $24 million on the weekend.

$280 million looks good for Aladdin. Maybe $290 million. Not so sure about $300 million.

Aladdin also had a better Sunday hold at 20.4%.  as well as an overall better FSS drop. 

Compare Monday to last Thur's $6.42m.  It's only  26.6% down

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Solo and Pirates dropped 46%+ and 51%+ respectively in their 3rd weekends after a 65% 2nd weekend drop.

Aladdin should at least match Solo for 23 3rd weekend. That will give it close to 227 dom.

Am betting on 230 though. Will need 25 weekend for that which is a 42% drop after a 53% 3rd weekend drop.

Edited by a2k

9 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

The daily is over the cume, truly astonishing 

Holy crap that's an incredible Monday! Has a movie ever increased 400x from Sunday to Monday before?! I thought it wasn't going to beat TFA domestically or Avatar worldwide, but turns it out it just beat Apple's projected earnings for the next 5 years in one day. Never underestimate Marvel!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

An overall solid Monday. When Tuesday is smaller than we have been used to many will flip out at first. 

For newer trackers - the further we get into summer the less likely we will see huge (as in 50%+) tuesday swings as the Monday drops will get better and better. Wednesday will still be rough, but not as bad as well. 

Big difference from the mid 2000s lol

2 hours ago, DisposedData said:

Agreed. Only other films that could maybe take it down are the Eternals or Mulan, but I still think its Wonder Woman's year.

I'm good with that. Bring on the billion for WW 1984

• Like 1

I'm not gonna lie, EG numbers are depressing.

That said Aladdin numbers are fantastic so that pleases me. If it gets 290 but not 300 that's still frickin incredible and fantastic legs from the 3day numbers. I was worried it would fail miserably like Dumbo but it did not disappoint in quality or box office numbers!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, filmscholar said:

So "Aladdin" has won every single day of it's release but this past Friday because of Previews?   Ok.  Looks like 250 is a done deal.  The charge to 300 is now.  

Zilla won last friday without previews as well. But after that except that it was all Aladdin till the coming weekend.

Wow Endgame made more yesterday than its own total box office total. It actually entered into the quantum realm and created its own branched reality and then came back into this one! Way to go! Living the actual events of its own story!:bop::insane:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jedijake said:

Wow Endgame made more yesterday than its own total box office total. It actually entered into the quantum realm and created its own branched reality and then came back into this one! Way to go! Living the actual events of its own story!:bop::insane:

There were 14 million realities and in only 1 of them could Endgame beat TFA domestic, but this is the one - a Miracle Monday out of the blue!