RM: $1.17mn

KoTM: $1mn

DP: $0.95mn

JW3: $0.72mn

Enamuel: $0.7mn (New)

Endgame: $0.46mn

final total for aladdin could be 325+ ?

31% drop for KOTM.

4m weekend looking good even with a big Thu drop, lowish Fri bump and ordinary Sat and Sun.

0.8 (-20%)

1.13 (+41%)

1.68 (+49%)

1.28 (-24%)

= 4.09

4.5 (-48.75%) on cards IMO.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

SLOP2: $3.4mn

Aladdin: $2.55mn

MIBI: $2.55mn

RM: $1.17mn

KoTM: $1mn

DP: $0.95mn

JW3: $0.72mn

Enamuel: $0.7mn (New)

Endgame: $0.46mn

Another Excellent -20% Week/Week drop for Aladdin.

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

for some reason Hotel Transylvania 3 grossed $45k yesterday.

1 hour ago, Omni said:

They rereleased it to make it pass Ralph 2 WW.

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

they failed. ugh.

The difference between both movies is $637,380.

Depends on weather it was just a "wednesday" thing or if it't gonna be a "weekend + next week thing", maybe they want to use the "call effect" TS4 will have this weekend for families and kids to the theaters, some kids may see HT3 poster there and with a crowded TS4 parents would prefer go to HT3 and leave TS4 for a less crowded day. It's the only logic reason I can find.

After a 51k wednesday (september 2018) HT3 made a 777k we ... what could put it already ahead of WR2. 

HT3 could be summer kids movie numbers.

Most of my local cinemas that do the summer kids movies have HT3 as one of the movies they are showing this summer. It is likely the tally from theaters showing it 

They are usually a 10 or 11 am show one or two days a week with a different movie each week. Usually is $3-5 per ticket.

Other movies that are part of the summer kids shows at the theates around me include LEGO 2, Lorax, Smallfoot, Dog's Journey Home, Despicable Me, Wonder Park, The Grinch, HTTYD3, DM3, Teen Titans, Lego Batman, Shrek, Kung Fu Panda

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

for some reason Hotel Transylvania 3 grossed $45k yesterday.

It was part of the US summer "kids" films at several theaters in my area. Usually that program is a single showing of a movie on an off day for cheap, and its usually 6-8 films in total. Yesterday was HT3 for our local.theater. 

• Like 2

With Tuesday discounts I tend to look more at Mon-Wed than Tues- Wed.

SLOP2 is up 15% over Monday, that is really good. it is going to take a hit today as it loses evening screenings to TS4 and will take a bigger hit Friday.

RM is up 11.5% from Monday also very good.

Aladdin is up 6.5% from Monday. Good.

MIB is down 8% from Monday - not good.

XDP down 9% from Monday, even worse.

KOTM is basically even with Monday, that is its best Mon-Wed performance since opening.

JW3 is down 6.5% from Monday.

AE is down 2%.

Suggests Aladdin should have a good weekend hold. SLOP2 would suggest a good weekend hold but it is going to lose alot of screens so its hold may be partially GA seeing it before TS4 comes out.

KOTM should hold well if can keep enough screens.

MIB and XDP are going to have bad falls this weekend.

If Aladdin didn't pass MIB on Wednesday when actuals come out then it certainly will on Thursday as MIB loses both screens and PLF.  I could easily see MIB with a 15-20% drop on Thursday.

I'm thinking SLOP2 has a big enoguh cushion over Aladdin to stay ahead of it this weekend, but I could see them within 1-2M of each other.

I'm guessing

TS4

CP

SLOP2

Aladdin

MIB

as the top 5 (3-5 should be pretty tight)

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

SLOP2 is up 15% over Monday, that is really good. it is going to take a hit today as it loses evening screenings to TS4 and will take a bigger hit Friday.

KOTM is basically even with Monday, that is its best Mon-Wed performance since opening.

AE is down 2%.

Suggests Aladdin should have a good weekend hold. SLOP2 would suggest a good weekend hold but it is going to lose alot of screens so its hold may be partially GA seeing it before TS4 comes out.

If Aladdin didn't pass MIB on Wednesday when actuals come out then it certainly will on Thursday as MIB loses both screens and PLF.  I could easily see MIB with a 15-20% drop on Thursday.

I'm thinking SLOP2 has a big enoguh cushion over Aladdin to stay ahead of it this weekend, but I could see them within 1-2M of each other.

I'm guessing

TS4

CP

SLOP2

Aladdin

MIB

What can be the %drop for EG this weekend? 

39 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

AE is down 2%.

I'm guessing

TS4

CP

SLOP2

Aladdin

MIB

Child's Play is likely #4 or #5 this weekend.