DeeCee

***SPOILERS***SPOILERS***SPIDER-MAN:FAR FROM HOME SPOILER THREAD***SPOILERS ALLOWED***SPOILERS***

Talos has clearly not spent a ton of time around modern-day Nick Fury and so was just sort of playing up what he thinks are his most prevalent qualities.  Mean.  Stern.  Angry.

I actually did take note while watching the film the first of how gruff and short Nick was with Spidey and how he felt a little "off," so to see that payoff actually made perfect sense to me.  Nobody can be Nick Fury but Nick Fury, but Talos gave it his best.

• Like 3

Just realized why the action felt meh. Spidey was dodging thousands of bullets from drones even though he didn't dodge a banana. But there was no bullet dodge scene to justify this. We were told about spidey sense, not shown. I was thinking, "how are all these drones missing Spidey? oh well just roll with it" and that shouldn't have been on my mind during the climactic battle. Instead, I should've been thinking, wow the Peter Tingle is a really awesome power, this is what sets Spiderman above the rest and is how Spiderman can lead the Avengers.

We needed pic related. Fans of One Piece will understand:

7bc0263f17e369b45523066ff2daa167.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

Talos has clearly not spent a ton of time around modern-day Nick Fury and so was just sort of playing up what he thinks are his most prevalent qualities.  Mean.  Stern.  Angry.

I actually did take note while watching the film the first of how gruff and short Nick was with Spidey and how he felt a little "off," so to see that payoff actually made perfect sense to me.  Nobody can be Nick Fury but Nick Fury, but Talos gave it his best.

Nearly everyone was flanderized. Do you think both teachers, MJ, and Spidey's best friend were also aliens? 

EDIT: As @Thanos Legion pointed out, seeing CM is basically mandatory for the clone stuff to make sense, so I'm not going to be beating this dead horse any longer. 

Edited by Pure Spirit

4 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

Just realized why the action felt meh. Spidey was dodging thousands of bullets from drones even though he didn't dodge a banana. But there was no bullet dodge scene to justify this. We were told about spidey sense, not shown. I was thinking, "how are all these drones missing Spidey? oh well just roll with it" and that shouldn't have been on my mind during the climactic battle. Instead, I should've been thinking, wow the Peter Tingle is a really awesome power, this is what sets Spiderman above the rest and is how Spiderman can lead the Avengers.

We needed pic related. Fans of One Piece will understand:

7bc0263f17e369b45523066ff2daa167.jpg

The amount of bullets missing was pretty ridiculous.    

And yeah, could have used just a scene or two really devoted to him struggling with and improving the spider sense. The Katakuri fight was so good with that 👍

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

The amount of bullets missing was pretty ridiculous.    

And yeah, could have used just a scene or two really devoted to him struggling with and improving the spider sense. The Katakuri fight was so good with that 👍

The bullets missing was annoying, I was hoping for more illusion fighting instead of the drones although there were some pretty cool moments in the drone fight. I didn't have such a big issue with the Spidey sense part as I took the "failure" of it earlier in the movie to be reflective of Peter not wanting to accept his responsibility as Spiderman, very similar to what happened to him in Spiderman 2

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Menor said:

The bullets missing was annoying, I was hoping for more illusion fighting instead of the drones although there were some pretty cool moments in the drone fight. I didn't have such a big issue with the Spidey sense part as I took the "failure" of it earlier in the movie to be reflective of Peter not wanting to accept his responsibility as Spiderman, very similar to what happened to him in Spiderman 2

Superpowers disappearing around friends/family in domestic scenes is a classic trope played for comedy. So although I didn't see it like you described, it may have been meant that way.

• Like 1

I don't wanna talk about film, only post credit scenes.

Film was ehh, with some cool scenes.

Regarding credit scenes;

the first one gave initial shock but nothing more than that as the matter is all but a PR thing for Avengers ffs (or Nick fury/Spidey).

the 2nd was funny and good but then again contradict whole happy encryption thing.

Again how is it anything close to conclusions of Infinity Saga.

In my head Endgame ended Phase 3 and Far From Home starts phase 4, at a low note.

In the end, 3 underwhelming MCU films for me. Will see if it changes for Endgame in wnd watch.

• Like 2

On 6/29/2019 at 1:40 AM, Thanos Legion said:

JJJ doesn’t frame Peter, Mysterio does. Mysterio is also the one to expose his identity.

Idk, Beck frankly doesn't hate Peter, so if he at his death bed is rat fucking peter, well then I don't believe he is dead yet.

But then it downplay "peter tingle" act.

I mean what do Mysterio has to gain if he is dead. If he is alive, then he is the guy who fake his own death. Also that 100% download thing which that science guy do, after Mysterio is shown dead.

Tl;dr Mysterio ain't dead.

3 hours ago, justvision said:

EDITH is not his technology, B.A.R.F is.

EDITH is based on BARF, which Beck accused Stark of stealing from him, before summarily firing him.  At least that's what I understood from the heavy exposition during Mysterio's victory party.  I'll have to watch it again to be sure. 

Edited by Ruthie
Added text.

6 minutes ago, infamous5445 said:

What I like about Mysterio is that they didn't try to make him sympathetic at all. He was a dick even when he took his last breath.

Yeah, I like the sympathetic villains as much as anyone but it's good to also have 100% assholes like him. I don't think he's dead though.

Also, what do Beck wanted? To become superhero? What do he do when actual threat come? The guy ain't have any powers?

I don't know how comic Mysterio worked but him turning out as just a science guy was ehh.

I don't get Mysterio love here, for me he was a weak link.

15 minutes ago, Ruthie said:

EDITH is based on BARF, which Beck accused Stark of stealing from him, before summarily firing him.  At least that's what I understood from the heavy exposition during Mysterio's victory party.  I'll have to watch it again to be sure. 

Yes, go and rewatch it. Edith is about the pinnacle of Tony's AI system, IT, communication, and the control of global satellites and weaponization of drones etc etc. BARF is the subset about hologram. Beck was involved with BARF only, that was why he had to get help from other Ex-Stark Industry employees in a few other areas e.g. William Riva with the drones/weapons. But certainly all the ex-employees combined were still far behind what Tony managed to achieve in his later life. Thus the need for a convoluted plan to deceive Peter to give away Edith.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

59 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Also, what do Beck wanted? To become superhero? What do he do when actual threat come? The guy ain't have any powers?

I don't know how comic Mysterio worked but him turning out as just a science guy was ehh.

I don't get Mysterio love here, for me he was a weak link.

I concur, I failed to see how some can rank him as top tier villain. A lot probably has to do with Jake being their favorite actor. I do see Mysterio (the mantle) has intriguing and fresh skill sets and modus operandi, but Quentin Beck (the persona) is such a bland villain with stale motive, poor character development and poor relatedness. The fact that he was aiming to kill at least a few Peter's high schoolmates (still kids) sealed him, as Hollywood movies trope goes, an unrelatable, unempathizable villain.

Edited by justvision
  • Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1