DeeCee

***SPOILERS***SPOILERS***SPIDER-MAN:FAR FROM HOME SPOILER THREAD***SPOILERS ALLOWED***SPOILERS***

Just now, Valonqar said:

OK people who saw the movie, is there a way that he isn't dead after all? Jake is so freakin likable, I want Mysterio to return. 

It’s  a possibility. EDITH confirms that his body isn’t an illusion, but Peter doesn’t check his pulse or anything. Could have been faking it the old fashioned way.   

It think there’s about a 60% chance he’s really dead.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

OK people who saw the movie, is there a way that he isn't dead after all? Jake is so freakin likable, I want Mysterio to return. 

They definitely can just say he faked his death but pretty sure at this point in time they intend for his character to be dead.

But yeah he's fantastic and the Spider-Man films are 2/2 when it comes to villains. I'm actually really looking forward to the MCU's interpretation of the Osborns when they do eventually appear.

That first Spidey/Mysterio confrontation was some serious Lee/Ditko/Romita Jr shit and I lived for it.

Mysterio and his cronies revealing their Scooby Doo plans and twirling their moustaches for no reason at all - just fab.

• Like 4

Just got out of this and thoroughly enjoyed it, Homecoming and this are neck-and-neck in terms of my Marvel rankings (middle tier but still very solid). I think had stronger comedic moments and utilized the majority of supporting characters better (with the exception of MJ, really liked her in this), but in my view FFH contained bigger stakes, a stronger emotional arc for Peter, and a villain whose abilities significantly render the action sequences more visually arresting than the ones in Homecoming. 

The post-credits scenes, as everyone else has said, are brilliant, probably the only ones in the MCU that have resolved some issues I had with the narrative. Talos getting the recognition he deserved.

Possibly the best part of the actual movie was hearing Back in Black used so well to book-end the whole Infinity Saga.

• Like 1

Argh, okay, so, let's do this.

MVP:

• "My wife fake Blipped.  We had a funeral and everything."  OKAY.  HOLD UP.  Absolutely the funniest line in the movie. Forget the stupid vacation.  I want THAT story.  Are we getting a Disney+ series about her? Tell me more, tell me more.
  • EIDITH standing for "Even In Death I'm The Hero" is PEAK Tony Stark Nonsense.  Laughed SUPER hard at that.
  • JK SIMMONS AT JONAH.  JONAH AS ALEX JONES.  I WAS LIIIIIIIIVING.  IT WAS EEEEEVERYTHIIIIIING.
  • TALOS AS NICK THE WHOLE TIME. This actually made tons of sense.  There were a couple of scenes when I was wondering if the screenwriters had never seen The Winter Soldier or Captain Marvel, cause this board strokes angry Joss Whedon Nick Fury was so disorientating after his amazing character journey with Carol.
  • "DON'T EVOKE HER NAME"

Pros:

• Everything after the villain reveal.
  • They brought the CHRISTMAS STORY KID back.
  • It was a team of disgruntled Stark employees.  I was 100% on their side until they started to kill kids.  
  • Quinton preaching the truth about Tony Stark being a douchebag.
  • The AMAZING illusion fight sequence.  Gorgeous.  Just gorgeous.

Cons:

• The first half is soooooooooooo slow.  Beck was CLEARLY THE BAD GUY and it just felt like we were taking FOREVER to get there.  I don't care about their cute summer vacation.  I fundamentally can not bring myself to care about Tony Stark.  Everyone was like "waaaaah Tony's dead" and I'm like "Nat and Steve are dead too.  Where the hell are their memorials?"  None of that landed with me. 
  • Not enough Aunt May.

Overall, crowd-pleasing outing. I know I have singular tastes when it comes to Tony.  My crowd seemed way more into the endless callback and tributes than me.  It's also nice to have a self-contended story from the MCU.  Can't wait for Spider-Man 3.  That feels BIG.  I'd probably rank FFH around the Homecoming / Thor / IM2 range, so right in the middle / top of the bottom.

• Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

7 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

MVP:

• "My wife fake Blipped.  We had a funeral and everything."  OKAY.  HOLD UP.  Absolutely the funniest line in the movie. Forget the stupid vacation.  I want THAT story.  Are we getting a Disney+ series about her? Tell me more, tell me more.
  • EIDITH standing for "Even In Death I'm The Hero" is PEAK Tony Stark Nonsense.  Laughed SUPER hard at that.
  • JK SIMMONS AT JONAH.  JONAH AS ALEX JONES.  I WAS LIIIIIIIIVING.  IT WAS EEEEEVERYTHIIIIIING.
  • TALOS AS NICK THE WHOLE TIME. This actually made tons of sense.  There were a couple of scenes when I was wondering if the screenwriters had never seen The Winter Soldier or Captain Marvel, cause this board strokes angry Joss Whedon Nick Fury was so disorientating after his amazing character journey with Carol.
  • "DON'T EVOKE HER NAME"

Pros:

• It was a team of disgruntled Stark employees.  I was 100% on their side until they started to kill kids.  

Cons:

• The first half is soooooooooooo slow.  Beck was CLEARLY THE BAD GUY and it just felt like we were taking FOREVER to get there.  I don't care about their cute summer vacation.  I fundamentally can not bring myself to care about Tony Stark.  Everyone was like "waaaaah Tony's dead" and I'm like "Nat and Steve are dead too.  Where the hell are their memorials?"  None of that landed with me. 
  • Not enough Aunt May.

Overall, crowd-pleasing outing. I know I have singular tastes when it comes to Tony.  My crowd seemed way more into the endless callback and tributes than me.  It's also nice to have a self-contended story from the MCU.  Can't wait for Spider-Man 3.  That feels BIG.  I'd probably rank FFH around the Homecoming / Thor / IM2 range, so right in the middle / top of the bottom.

Wait, wait...  is Steve, dead-dead?  Did they actually kill him off between movies?  Or is he just publicly dead?

15 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Anyone else catch that quick line from Fury/Talos about “kree”, “sleeper cells”, and “top secret”? A throwaway line to Hill before the final battle.

Yes I noticed that too. Maybe that's the instigator of a secret invasion type arc? @TalismanRing he's believed to be dead, not actually dead

Edited by Menor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Wait, wait...  is Steve, dead-dead?  Did they actually kill him off between movies?  Or is he just publicly dead?

The film starts off with a "in memoriam" that's just a terrible slid show of pictures of Tony, Nat, and Steve to 'I Will Always Love You'.  it's genius.  So I assume he's publicly dead.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

MVP:

• "DON'T EVOKE HER NAME"

Pros:

Cons:

• Not enough Aunt May.

Within the context of Endgame, it didn’t really make any sense to me that Talos could impersonate Nick Fury. In CM, we see Carol give Fury the pager and then she leaves with the Skrulls. At the end of IW, Nick uses the pager before he succumbs to the blip. Therefore, Nick came back with the Hulk snapin Endgame. Fury mentions meeting Spidey at the Stark’s funeral, so was Talos sent back after the events of Endgame? Did Nick tell Talos that he met Spidey at the funeral? Why would Talos need to impersonate Fury? Why is Fury in charge of the Skrull ship? All these questions will probably be answered in Stage 4 films.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

All these questions will probably be answered in Stage 4 films.

Bingo.

I also assumed that wasn't impersonating Fury at the funeral.  Like, this is clearly some new, cool mission.  

But to be totally frank, I was just happy they were back!!

• Like 1