DeeCee

***SPOILERS***SPOILERS***SPIDER-MAN:FAR FROM HOME SPOILER THREAD***SPOILERS ALLOWED***SPOILERS***

8 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

God, that Mysterio exposition scene was one of the worst exposition scenes I have scene in a long time. Couldn't there have been a better way to tell his backstory? Would have been better if Mysterio actually revealed it to Peter later on using one of his trippy illusions instead of telling his co-workers what they already knew.

This. I think the whole bar scene was just awful. It's the only part that felt disappointing to me.

-

After reading this thread, I gotta say some people get easily upset by the most random things. 

Possibly my favorite SM movie, maybe ITSV is still ahead. 

2 hours ago, BK007 said:

From the first trailer, Mysterio is blatantly obvious as the villain. 

I know nothing about comics either. 

It's so blatantly obvious that no footage of Spidey vs Mysterio is shown, and no mention of Mysterio as a villain in the marketing. 

3 hours ago, BK007 said:

From the first trailer, Mysterio is blatantly obvious as the villain. 

I know nothing about comics either. 

I know it was likely he would be the villain. However, I'm asking in the context of whether or not it would be a spoiler to flat out say he is the villain.

2 hours ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

I do have to admire Sony's restraint in marketing this. 

Think about how many money shots are in just the big Mysterio illusion attack on Peter that they didn't use.  I think in marketing past Spider-Man films, they would have used almost all those shots throughout like 5 different trailers. 

I think my favourite was having Rhino in the marketing for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 when his whole scene was the last thing in the movie.

Actually, they did it again.  Maybe they're *never" doing that again.

17 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

End credit scene happens equally in the world whether you see it or not. I’d actually rate the movie like a full point lower without it, because Fury acts really gullible and ineffectual, which was very out of character, but required to move the plot along. If he’s just holding an idiot ball because we want to get from point A to point B, that would be pretty sloppy/grating  — but “real Fury was out in space doing more important shit” is a solid justification.

I was thinking the whole movie, "Man, SLJ is really phoning it in and they're writing him as a dummy" so for it to turn out it wasnt actually Nick Fury was clever but confusing. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

I was thinking the whole movie, "Man, SLJ is really phoning it in and they're writing him as a dummy" so for it to turn out it wasnt actually Nick Fury was clever but confusing. 

Yeah for me the Talos as Fury reveal  it was more of a "Oh phew there's a reason for this" rather than a "omg what a surprise" 

• Like 2

For any Buffy fans out there.  Spidey had his own scooby gang in this movie and it was really neat. Anyone who is a huge Buffy fan knows that Whedon based most of Buffy's character in the early days on Peter Parker and his need to just be a regular guy but always abandoning his personal life for his responsibilities.

This isnt exact but

Buffy -Peter

Giles - Happy/Nick Fury skrull

Angel/Angelus - Mysterio

Willow - Ned

Xander - MJ

Joyce -May(especially now that she knows his identity)

Cordelia - the asian kid/Flash

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lucas said:

Peter's entire reason for keeping his identity a secret in Homecoming had to be boiled down to "Aunt May can't know" because they couldn't use the "it would put my friends in danger" excuse. Well now Aunt May knows and where does that go? Nowhere, it's all fine. We don't even get to see the immediate fallout because it happens between films. She just knows, and it's all fine for Peter. Everything is all fine for Peter. He loses his suit? It's fine, of course Spider-Man wouldn't have any money problems (even though that's a key element of his character) because of Tony Stark, he just gets a new suit perfectly equipped with everything he needs. It's all juuuust fine for Peter.

I can pretty much guarantee that his identity being revealed (and thus destroying the most interesting aspect of Spider-Man as a character) is gonna end up being just fine for Peter. We probably won't even see the immediate aftermath of it similar to the Aunt May stuff since both movies end in the exact same way. Shit, it's probably gonna be played for laughs.

They also threw out the thread with Keaton knowing his identity. Both the mid credits and ending from Homecoming were concepts/consequences that were trashed.

Edited by GOATPeterJackson

13 hours ago, Lucas said:

Peter's entire reason for keeping his identity a secret in Homecoming had to be boiled down to "Aunt May can't know" because they couldn't use the "it would put my friends in danger" excuse. Well now Aunt May knows and where does that go? Nowhere, it's all fine. We don't even get to see the immediate fallout because it happens between films. She just knows, and it's all fine for Peter. Everything is all fine for Peter. He loses his suit? It's fine, of course Spider-Man wouldn't have any money problems (even though that's a key element of his character) because of Tony Stark, he just gets a new suit perfectly equipped with everything he needs. It's all juuuust fine for Peter.

I can pretty much guarantee that his identity being revealed (and thus destroying the most interesting aspect of Spider-Man as a character) is gonna end up being just fine for Peter. We probably won't even see the immediate aftermath of it similar to the Aunt May stuff since both movies end in the exact same way. Shit, it's probably gonna be played for laughs.

I believe they'll either use a Skrull or the tech used in Winter Soldier (by Natasha to disguise herself as Jenny Agutter) to convince the world that Mysterio was lying about Spidey's secret ID. A Skrull shows up on a talk show as Peter, the real Spidey swings in, proves he's the real deal in front of Skrull/Parker and a bunch of cameras/the world, boom, secret ID is secret again. I mean, it shouldn't be that hard to refute the unconfirmed claims of a dead man, right? Even if Peter Billingsley's character reveals the footage of Beck and Parker talking sans masks, it should be pretty simple to convince the world that "duh, it's MYSTERIO! Of course he doctored this footage!"

The bonus will be that JJJ is again left fuming, looking like an irrational, Spidey-hating clown.

17 minutes ago, John Harris said:

I believe they'll either use a Skrull or the tech used in Winter Soldier (by Natasha to disguise herself as Jenny Agutter) to convince the world that Mysterio was lying about Spidey's secret ID. A Skrull shows up on a talk show as Peter, the real Spidey swings in, proves he's the real deal in front of Skrull/Parker and a bunch of cameras/the world, boom, secret ID is secret again. I mean, it shouldn't be that hard to refute the unconfirmed claims of a dead man, right? Even if Peter Billingsley's character reveals the footage of Beck and Parker talking sans masks, it should be pretty simple to convince the world that "duh, it's MYSTERIO! Of course he doctored this footage!"

The bonus will be that JJJ is again left fuming, looking like an irrational, Spidey-hating clown.

Oh dear god you're right. Peter really will be just fine yet again and revert right back to the status quo (which is a status quo these MCU Spidey movies revert right back to like every 10 minutes). Thank fuck JJJ is back, that's the one element I want to see so much more of going forward with Spider-Man.

1 hour ago, eddyxx said:

For any Buffy fans out there.  Spidey had his own scooby gang in this movie and it was really neat. Anyone who is a huge Buffy fan knows that Whedon based most of Buffy's character in the early days on Peter Parker and his need to just be a regular guy but always abandoning his personal life for his responsibilities.

This isnt exact but

Buffy -Peter

Giles - Happy/Nick Fury skrull

Angel/Angelus - Mysterio

Willow - Ned

Xander - MJ

Joyce -May(especially now that she knows his identity)

Cordelia - the asian kid/Flash

Buffy and Angel were basically superhero shows

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr

56 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Oh dear god you're right. Peter really will be just fine yet again and revert right back to the status quo (which is a status quo these MCU Spidey movies revert right back to like every 10 minutes). Thank fuck JJJ is back, that's the one element I want to see so much more of going forward with Spider-Man.

I'm eager to see if/how Holland's Parker ends up working for this JJJ.

Flipping around the dial, I watched the end of Amazing Spidey 2 yesterday for some reason, featuring the death of Gwen. I don't think I want to see Holland's Spidey suffer a similar loss anytime soon. The tone of these movies has been pretty light; MCU Spidey doesn't need to go down that path, IMO. He's already lost Uncle Ben (off-screen) and his beloved mentor (Stark); I just don't need to see MJ (or any PP love interest) murdered by one of Spidey's enemies in this universe. Maybe as things get a little heavier when we get into the college years... but no time soon.

And I've noticed I'm not missing the Osborns in this iteration of Spidey. At all. Give me Kraven, Scorpion, heck, even Hardy's Venom to take on Spidey in future films. I like his supporting cast just fine as is. Harry would feel shoe-horned in at this point.

And I haven't read all 17 pages of this thread: Has anyone commented on the license plates throughout FFH? I saw a Marvel Team-Up ("MTU") plate, but the "ASM 28965" was an eyebrow-raiser. Amazing Spidey #289 featured the big reveal that Ned Leeds is the Hobgoblin. While that's a cool Easter egg, I see no way that MCU Ned becomes a super-villain. He's a completely different character here; the only things he has in common with comics Ned is his name and the fact that he hooked up with Betty Brant.

The ASM 28965 reference is more likely to Amazing Spidey #28, first appearance of the Molten Man from Sept 1965, who kind of appears in FFH as the fire elemental. But the Hobgoblin possibility is a cool bonus!

Edited by John Harris

4 minutes ago, John Harris said:

I'm eager to see if/how Holland's Parker ends up working for this JJJ.

Flipping around the dial, I watched the end of Amazing Spidey 2 yesterday for some reason, featuring the death of Gwen. I don't think I want to see Holland's Spidey suffer a similar loss anytime soon. The tone of these movies has been pretty light; MCU Spidey doesn't need to go down that path, IMO. He's already lost Uncle Ben (off-screen) and his beloved mentor (Stark); I just don't need to see MJ (or any PP love interest) murdered by one of Spidey's enemies in this universe. Maybe as things get a little heavier when we get into the college years... but no time soon.

And I've noticed I'm not missing the Osborns in this iteration of Spidey. At all. Give me Kraven, Scorpion, heck, even Hardy's Venom to take on Spidey in future films. I like his supporting cast just fine as is. Harry would feel shoe-horned in at this point.

And I haven't read all 17 pages of this thread: Has anyone commented on the license plates throughout FFH? I saw a Marvel Team-Up ("MTU") plate, but the "ASM 289" was an eyebrow-raiser. Amazing Spidey #289 featured the big reveal that Ned Leeds is the Hobgoblin. While that's a cool Easter egg, I see no way that MCU Ned becomes a super-villain. He's a completely different character here; the only things he has in common with comics Ned is his name and the fact that he hooked up with Betty Brant.

The problem I see with Peter going to work as a photographer/whatever for someone like JJJ is it's clearly because of money issues - which I don't see this Peter Parker having. The dude could just call his own private plane out of thin air and get a brand new suit in an instant, this being the MCU and Spidey having had such a good relation with billionaire Tony Stark, I don't see him ever running into having to struggle for cash... which is a problem in my opinion.

I did notice that ASM 289 and though for sure it was Amazing Spider-Man but I don't know enough about the comics to know what 289 was supposed to be, if anything. 

9 hours ago, Knights of Ren said:

I thought it was very average.  Both MCU spiderman films have been that so far.  It had some nice parts, but not something worthy of all the hype. 

agreed. Holland and Jake are great but the story is run of the mill as always and school friends insufferable as always (I cannot fuckin stand that unfunny obese comic relief Ned) . The mid credits twist does raise stakes for the next installment but it doesn't elevate the movie. That said, given that SMH had strong legs and this has more engaging (and infinitely hotter) villain, I expect it to play really well with masses. 

Jake is great. I can't praise him enough. I wished he was genuine cause his scenes with PP when PP thought he was the real deal were awesome. Thye had such great chemistry and felt like real friends. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

agreed. Holland and Jake are great but the story is run of the mill as always and school friends insufferable as always (I cannot fuckin stand that unfunny obese comic relief Ned) . The mid credits twist does raise stakes for the next installment but it doesn't elevate the movie. That said, given that SMH had strong legs and this has more engaging (and infinitely hotter) villain, I expect it to play really well with masses. 

Jake is great. I can't praise him enough. I wished he was genuine cause his scenes with PP when PP thought he was the real deal were awesome. Thye had such great chemistry and felt like real friends. 

dont worry he will leave school in the third movie, however people just cant decide, other say to something different, (school years is somethingg that we havent see before) then they are saying do something that we already have see, people just cant decide, marvel plays the long game,